IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ims dirt track
7/18/18, 5:53 PM   #21
throb

Last edited by throb; 7/18/18 at 5:54 PM.

7/18/18, 5:54 PM   #22
throb

Can’t wait for this event brent! You know me, and my love for IMS. See you there! I’m in section 7 top row...

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, monkeyboy
7/18/18, 5:58 PM   #23
Re: Ims dirt track
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I got mine. For what they are paying, and the overhead is very high, I didn't think it was too bad. Charles you have already said you weren't going, so what does it matter? Do you still think they will only get 32 cars? I will set the over/under at 49 all day, unless you really didn't believe what you said. I knew you would post something negative about this event, because you have every post about it.
Oh, You dont want me to go negative on it. and I haven't. There's a whole lot more I could go into like Dissabilites (Which might be ok for the turn three stands) Which is three football fields away.

I really do hope it's a success for BC and I want the racers to be able to earn more

BUt two full nights of Kokomo Grand Prix with two full shows is 50 dollars, I can park near the stands and there are handrails on the back straight.

That's where Im coming from.

I'll be at a race that weekend so don't make like I don't support racing or eveyone else who can't afford to make every $$ show out there.

7/18/18, 6:07 PM   #24
BrentTFunk

That's fine. I am going with a 73 year old handicapped person. Unfortunately I understand missing races, as I worked 43 weekends last year, and up until June worked 2 jobs. Back to my question, do you stand by what you said about 32 cars and that they need to add modifieds? You said it, I didn't believe it. Obviously you don't either.

7/18/18, 6:13 PM   #25
throb

Knowing IMS....I’m quite certain they will be running the shuttles to get people from the parking areas to the stands...they know what they’re doing

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
7/18/18, 6:24 PM   #26
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
That's fine. I am going with a 73 year old handicapped person. Unfortunately I understand missing races, as I worked 43 weekends last year, and up until June worked 2 jobs. Back to my question, do you stand by what you said about 32 cars and that they need to add modifieds? You said it, I didn't believe it. Obviously you don't either.
I believe I matched you at 44 It could be 60 who knows And the only reason I said Mods is so some of those Indy and Nascar guys would suit up. Bell, Larson and a couple others will. the rest are on a short leash such as not being able to drive a Toyota when they have Honda Sponsorship.

I said I hope it's successful. Might buy the PPV, don't know yet.
See Kirk, Richie and others reading this thread and im not out to tick them off either.
If you can make it, Go. A race to honor BC is a good thing, Not bad, Just not seeing it in the cards for me this year.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/18/18 at 6:28 PM.

7/18/18, 6:51 PM   #27
jim goerge

If theres no hand rails in the stand that leaves me out

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Rpracing1
7/18/18, 9:08 PM   #28
flagboy55

I don't think the pricing for this event is too far out of line. As I told Brent at Lincoln Park, the thing that bugs me the most is that, at least from my perspective, that they are gearing to a crowd that is not so much the people who support them regularly. By that I mean, it's a weekday program. A lot of us have already planned for time off and vacation expenditures. I know in my case my vacation time for this year is spoken for. It just seems like a little short notice for some of us who try already to make every race we can. I always have concerns about a newly assembled dirt track, but if anyone can get it done right, I'm sure Reese and his crew will. I truly hope this event is wildly successful weather I can attend or not. One last thing, I know there's not a lot of cross over here but it's World 100 weekend too, the one Late Model race I go to every year. Not that it's the same day, but an illustration of how someone's entertainment money could already be spoken for that week.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, duel, Eatin Dirt, jim goerge, Rpracing1
7/18/18, 9:08 PM   #29
Rpracing1

Being 3 hours away, I can’t take a chance on scheduling two weekday vacations days and having bad weather and having to take more time off to see a reschedule event on such a $$$ costing event. This event was a late schedule addition. Hopefully all goes off without a hitch. I wish then luck. I’ll much rather see them at the Lefler in October on a Sunday!

3 members like this post: flagboy55, jim goerge, tirespinner
7/18/18, 11:13 PM   #30
itsanonwingthing

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
If theres no hand rails in the stand that leaves me out
Jim, IMS has ADA info here. You may want to contact them to see if the info is valid for the Dirt track race. You can ask about the grandstands, but I'm pretty sure the temporary stands that were put up for the F1, MotoGP, and Indy GP races had handrails. Probably required for new/temporary stands.

https://www.indianapolismotorspeedwa...-accessibility

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, duel, jim goerge, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ims dirt track