IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo April 11th and 12th
4/2/14, 11:34 AM   #11
Re: Kokomo April 11th and 12th
Daboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
Well thats not quite as close as the parking lot is to the track!

Its still early,and the racing hasnt started out that way yet,so you think Jody Rosenboom will come out for a go with his midget?
I doubt Jody will be there as there is a 360 winged race at Park Jefferson on the 12th. My bet is he will be there.

4/2/14, 12:03 PM   #12
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty View Post
Can't wait for next week. Hopefully the weather is nice. Riding out with Alex Bright and his Grandpa
Glad to hear that Alex will be there. Do you know of any other Eastern drivers who are coming?

4/3/14, 6:12 AM   #13
JG Motorsports

JG Motorsports 99G with driver Justin Grosz from PA

4 members like this post: addictedtodirt, davidm, dirtnonwingfan, Ty
4/3/14, 11:38 AM   #14
Eric Smith

I am hoping to come down to Kokomo next weekend as well from central Michigan to watch the races. After the winter we've had up here, I'd travel to watch Walmartians race their scooters at this point. I've never been to Kokomo, nor a midget race. As of today, the forecast looks favorable. My question is about seating. Is the grandstand general admission there? Is there pitside seating? If so, how is it? I plan to just show up and get a pit pass, but if seating limitations would make that a bad option, I'd like to figure that out now, rather than when I get there.

Thanks.

4/3/14, 11:40 AM   #15
Ty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtnonwingfan View Post
Glad to hear that Alex will be there. Do you know of any other Eastern drivers who are coming?
I have not heard of anyone else coming... I am guessing Stevie Buckwalter will be at Williams Grove in his 410 Friday and Port Royal on Saturday. Timmy Buckwalter will be at Grandview in a modified. Last time I talked to Trevor Kobylarz he didn't say anything about going to Kokomo next weekend.

4/3/14, 11:41 AM   #16
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG Motorsports View Post
JG Motorsports 99G with driver Justin Grosz from PA
Thanks for the info. Always glad to see Justin and the team.

4/3/14, 2:08 PM   #17
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Smith View Post
I am hoping to come down to Kokomo next weekend as well from central Michigan to watch the races. After the winter we've had up here, I'd travel to watch Walmartians race their scooters at this point. I've never been to Kokomo, nor a midget race. As of today, the forecast looks favorable. My question is about seating. Is the grandstand general admission there? Is there pitside seating? If so, how is it? I plan to just show up and get a pit pass, but if seating limitations would make that a bad option, I'd like to figure that out now, rather than when I get there.

Thanks.
It is general admission seating for the grandstands. There should be enough seating that you won't have an issue. They have bleachers on both the front and back side of the speedway. The pits also have bleacher seating in turn #2. I personally haven't sat there but the site line should be good as well. This should be a good show if only the rain would stop now. Enough is enough. Welcome ahead of time to Kokomo and midget racing.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Daboy, racefan20
4/3/14, 5:30 PM   #18
reeserx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Smith View Post

Thanks.
Like mud packer said, seating shouldn't be an issue but I think sitting in the pits is a cool experience, turn 2 is always a tricky spot for drivers to master so you get to watch em work their magic and I think apperciate them that much more, only negative is you eat a lot of dirt over there. Wherever you sit, you'll enjoy yourself! It's the best bullring in Indiana!

2 members like this post: Mud Packer, nathans1012
4/3/14, 8:38 PM   #19
Onlydirt

Plenty of good seats at Kokomo. Pits is kinda hard to see the cars in your turn when they are up on the wall. Backstretch gives you a good perspective of the exit of turn 2. Frontstretch up high can see everything that happens and my favorite if I don't get the vip ride with Marc.

4/6/14, 11:07 AM   #20
Tim Watson

A couple of us cheeseheads are looking forward to this show. We need a happy road trip to get us over the Badgers losing to Kentucky.

2 members like this post: dirt330, dirtball
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo April 11th and 12th