IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Possibly looking at starting a spec engine Sprint division..
1/27/15, 10:29 AM   #21
Re: Possibly looking at starting a spec engine Sprint divisi
racerX

This would be like supercross there is a 450 class which would be the 410 sprints, and there is a 250 lites class which would be the 602 motor sprint. You hardly ever see a 450 rider step down to a Lites bike. But you do see a Lites rider step up to the 450 class. And I believe the concept would be the same with the sprint class. The key is TECH!!!

1 member likes this post: nathans1012
1/27/15, 10:51 PM   #22
copper14

behlings called me back today. the price of a 604 and all parts to install in a car is closer to 8400 dollars.still not bad for a new motor and all parts. C.G.

1/28/15, 12:53 AM   #23
spicoli

I get very nervous when someone tells me I will save money by buying something new, and that same person is the one who will sell it to me.

The last person that should be consulted when considering new engine rules is an engine builder.

Who is speaking to the racers?

How is that ASCS spec head class going, cost-wise, right about now? I thought that was going to save sprint car racing?

How about 305 motors? I see ads for special block lightening, DMI has a lightweight 305 class rear end. Where is that going to end?

305, 355, 360, 410, yada, yada, yada. The right rear wheels all cost the same. The drive lines and frames, front ends, etc. all cost the same.

Give me a weight rule, as much for safety as cost, give me a spec right rear that will last more than one night (the late model guys have them), no wings (tip-over? that will be $600), no cockpit shocks, pay enough to get me back the next week, but not so much so the rich guys stay out and I'll be there. I believe Paragon has more cars on a weekly basis, year in and year out, than just about anyone. I'd be there every week if it wasn't so far.

If Plymouth wants to blaze new ground, good for them, I wish them nothing but the best. Keep 410 non-wing and we'll be there every week. But, when I start racing again, if they want a spec class (that I can't race anywhere else) I will drive right pass them on my way to Gas City or Kokomo.

1/28/15, 1:02 AM   #24
nathan48moore

I have/run a a4mp motor. Sometimes saving money gets really expensive.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bj-b0COKcp4
Last edited by nathan48moore; 1/28/15 at 1:04 AM.

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
2/10/15, 9:23 AM   #25
racerX

There has been alot of intrest in the Sprint Lites. This class is not for everyone. 410,360,305 engines will always be there. But how many people have said they want to run a sprint car but what stop them is the cost of the motor and the time to take care of it. You can find used roller cars out there for $5000 and add a $7925 New motor with all new parts to just bolt it in. You have less than $15k in a Sprint to race that the motor should last 2-3 years. For More Information Call Larry Kemp 317-416-6854 or Joe Gearte 574-223-3016. Again the key to this is TECH!!! I always liked Outlaw Late Models but the cost got out of hand and now look they are lucky to have 8-12 cars weekly at a track. If you are passionate about sprint racing, you will support Larry Kemp on this. I even heard Doug Wolfgang say that he wishes this would happen in Souix Falls so his son Robbie Wolfgang could start back racing again cause the cost of the motor has forced his son to park his car.

2 members like this post: nathans1012, PIT CART
2/10/15, 10:46 AM   #26
c47

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTtoPA View Post
Whatever you implement, make sure it's easy to tech. Flat top pistons, cam timing, etc. The 602 crate modifieds in NY state are a mess because guys are screwing with them and not enough tech is being done.
so, of course, thats the motor palmer and valsing are gonna use in their non wing crate class.......

2/10/15, 12:40 PM   #27
trecraft

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerX View Post
There has been alot of intrest in the Sprint Lites. This class is not for everyone. 410,360,305 engines will always be there. But how many people have said they want to run a sprint car but what stop them is the cost of the motor and the time to take care of it. You can find used roller cars out there for $5000 and add a $7925 New motor with all new parts to just bolt it in. You have less than $15k in a Sprint to race that the motor should last 2-3 years. For More Information Call Larry Kemp 317-416-6854 or Joe Gearte 574-223-3016. Again the key to this is TECH!!! I always liked Outlaw Late Models but the cost got out of hand and now look they are lucky to have 8-12 cars weekly at a track. If you are passionate about sprint racing, you will support Larry Kemp on this. I even heard Doug Wolfgang say that he wishes this would happen in Souix Falls so his son Robbie Wolfgang could start back racing again cause the cost of the motor has forced his son to park his car.
The cost of WINNING has forced him to park his car.

2 members like this post: 7xCoop, spicoli
2/10/15, 1:01 PM   #28
Tony74

Quote:
But how many people have said they want to run a sprint car but what stop them is the cost of the motor and the time to take care of it. You can find used roller cars out there for $5000 and add a $7925 New motor with all new parts to just bolt it in. You have less than $15k in a
No idea who this guy is selling this 410, but why not spend another $600 to buy a block and heads that can be fixed along with being raced anywhere for a better purse.
https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=82969
Affordable 410's are out there, but it takes work.

2 members like this post: mscs20, sprintracer82
2/10/15, 3:07 PM   #29
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
When might you guys have rules out for this new sprint class?

2/10/15, 3:19 PM   #30
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
When might you guys have rules out for this new sprint class?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Possibly looking at starting a spec engine Sprint division..