IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Hayward motorsports signs kevin thomas jr. For 2019 sp
1/14/19, 12:20 AM   #1
Usac: Hayward motorsports signs kevin thomas jr. For 2019 sp
admin

1/14/19 12:14 AM HAYWARD MOTORSPORTS SIGNS KEVIN THOMAS JR. FOR 2019 SPRINT CAR SEASON

http://usacracing.com/news/sprint-ca...int-car-season

HAYWARD MOTORSPORTS SIGNS KEVIN THOMAS JR. FOR 2019 SPRINT CAR SEASON

INDIANAPOLIS (Jan 13., 2019) – USAC AMSOIL National Sprint car standout, Kevin Thomas Jr., has joined with Brodie Hayward of Hayward Motorsports, LLC., to form Hayward Thomas Motorsports (HTM). The Cullman, Alabama native will operate under a new car number, as Thomas will sport the No. 19 for the 2019 season. HTM has tabbed veteran crew chief Jeff Walker to turn the wrenches, with the team’s primary sponsor to be named at a later date.

“I am beyond excited to get 2019 started,” said driver, Kevin Thomas Jr. “We had some last-minute things fall through at the end of last year in preparations for the coming season, and Brodie and Sarah Hayward really stepped up for me. Brodie and I made arrangements to get this team up and running, and I’m pleased with how it’s all coming together. I’ve driven for Jeff Walker before, and having him on board brings a high comfort level in our ability to be a winning team. Jeff brings a lot of experience to the table. We’re going to chase a championship, and I’m ready to head to Florida.”

B&H Contractors along with Jonathan Byrd’s Racing, KT Construction Services, and Jeff’s Jam-It-In Storage will serve as recurring sponsors on the No.19 sprinter. Jonathan Byrd’s Racing has subsequently partnered with HTM as an associate sponsor; their second year supporting Kevin Thomas Jr’s dirt efforts. Byrd Racing and Brodie Hayward also bring history to the table, previously supporting the late Bryan Clauson’s efforts in running the Indianapolis 500.

“My wife Sarah and I were involved with Kevin last year on a smaller scale, and we’re both looking forward to pursuing a national championship with him.” said Brodie Hayward. “He’s very driven, competitive, and loves to win. Kevin has a nice resume backing his talents, and has surrounded himself with the right people to be able to chase a title.”

Thomas, the 2018 USAC AMSOIL National Sprint Car runner-up, will once again make a run at the sprint car title. After finishing in a points tie last season, with wins being the deciding factor, Thomas is ready to mount a charge to add his name to the illustrious list of national champions. The 2019 season opener kicks off at Bubba Raceway Park in Ocala, Florida February 14th with three nights of action packed racing.

Kevin Thomas Jr. would like to thank the following sponsors & partners: B&H Contractors, Jonathan Byrd Racing, Protein Water, America’s Best Value Inn, Tilson, KT Construction Services, Jeff’s Jam-It-In Storage, DRC Chassis, Speedway Engines, Bell Helmets, AMSOIL Inc., Indy Metal Finishings, Walker Filters, Schoenfeld Headers, E&K, Hopegivers, BOSCH, Hinchman Racing Uniforms, Gridsport, High Side Design, Speedtown Comfort, and MPI.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Hayward motorsports signs kevin thomas jr. For 2019 sp