IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > A Few Racin Boys Chili Bowl streaming questions
1/14/19, 1:16 PM   #11
ZooMouth

I'd give it a 5. They work very hard and its long days. Well worth the money. Find something to do during track prep and you will enjoy the whole week.

1/14/19, 5:47 PM   #12
Re: A Few Racin Boys Chili Bowl streaming questions
chefskiddy83

There is also this option, download the FuboTv app or go online and create an account and select the base channel package and select the outdoors package to add to your package,(MAVTV is included in the Outdoors package). You get a 7 day free trial before they charge you for a full month, So watch the ChiliBowl on MAVTV and then after its over, just cancel your free trial before they charge you and your good to go.

1 member likes this post: polecar
1/14/19, 9:22 PM   #13
addictedtodirt

I'd give it a 2 for tonight. Lots of buffering and cutting out. Missed C main 2 and qualifier 1. So far

Dropping to a 1.5. The heats were fine. Since then it's been lousy.

B mains and A buffered twice. So other than the Qualifiers, I enjoyed the broadcast. Bought the package deal. Will give it another go tonight. Sure wish work hadn't got in the way of a Tulsa trip.
Last edited by addictedtodirt; 1/15/19 at 9:48 AM.

1/14/19, 9:51 PM   #14
Tom23

It's been perfect for us tonight.

1/15/19, 12:22 AM   #15
chathamracefan

Had no issues tonight. Top notch coverage.

1/15/19, 11:12 AM   #16
ossuks

Up until the b's it was a 10, then it started having issues and went to sh@t!

1/15/19, 11:28 AM   #17
GYATK94

Race Count This Year: 36
Race Count Last Year: 34

Has anybody used their phone to stream the racing boys broadcast? I wouldn’t think it would have any issues, but I think I’m buying tonight’s race with my only means of viewing being my phone. So, any reason I shouldn’t buy if I’m using my phone?

1/16/19, 10:48 AM   #18
3wide

I've watched on my phone and computer both nights without issue. I just wish Racin' Boys would allow you to broadcast the stream to a Google Chromecast or similar. In 2019, it is kind of ludicrous to have to hook up the computer to the TV in order to watch the coverage.

1/16/19, 12:17 PM   #19
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3wide View Post
I've watched on my phone and computer both nights without issue. I just wish Racin' Boys would allow you to broadcast the stream to a Google Chromecast or similar. In 2019, it is kind of ludicrous to have to hook up the computer to the TV in order to watch the coverage.
I have casted to Google Chromecast both nights with no problem

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

1 member likes this post: bigsby
1/16/19, 1:33 PM   #20
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

I watched last night, and had a few problems. But here's what I learned/had to do.

The PPV plays best on Chrome of the options I had available. Edge and the Samsung internet app was a failure. Didn't have Foxfire to try. While Chrome did best I had low quality resolution during the heats and ran into some bad buffering at heat 9. I have 24mbps internet; that usually streams everything well, but not RacinBoys. So what my final resolution was, was to hot spot off of my cell phone onto my laptop that was connected to my TV and the streaming was MUCH improved video quality in terms of resolution and play through. I did have one bad stretch of buffering later in the night before the A using hot spot..

So buyer beware, that there are issues; but they are not necessarily RacinBoys issues. Something either about the building or the RacinBoys stream does seem to make folks more prone to issues streaming than other folks; but there are people that aren't having issues and it seems to come down to internet connection and browsers; as I could tell differences with each change I was making.

And now that I'm thinking about it, it was RacinBoys Chili Bowl coverage 2 years ago on Saturday that I had to hotspot from my cell phone in order to get smooth streaming.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > A Few Racin Boys Chili Bowl streaming questions