IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jacksonville POWRi/MOWA
9/15/18, 3:47 AM   #1
Jacksonville POWRi/MOWA
kdobson

Thanks to all of the great fans who came out tonight on a beautiful Friday. Joe B. Miller was the sprint winner, Logan Seavey won midgets, and Aaron Andruskevitch was the Micro Winner.

When your races finish at midnight you did something wrong. Tonight the promoter failed in his planning calculations and was too optimistic in what he thought he could fit in and make-up in one night following some rain-outs. Sorry to those of you who found yourselves here later than you wanted to be. And sorry for the racers who had your features cut a couple of laps short from the initial plan.

The racing was pretty good. Hope you enjoyed the night overall. We'll tune up the time calculator a little better for our big shows in early October. Hope to see you for our Sunday October 7th MOWA Championship and Friday October 12th World of Outlaws show with POWRi Midgets. Get in touch if you need grandstand tickets.

Ken Dobson
Jacksonville Speedway
217-371-3653
jacksonvillespeedway@gmail.com
Last edited by kdobson; 9/15/18 at 3:48 AM.

9/15/18, 11:21 AM   #2
red70racer

Ken Dobson
Your racing heart is 2 times too big
I want every promoter in the United States to look at what you’re doing
You’re transparent, upfront and honest
As a racer you’ve always welcomed us at your events
As a fan you’ve always given just a little extra
I hope the stream thing doesn’t hurt butts in the seats, I hope it promotes butts in the seats
I couldn’t make it last night but was connected to my mobile device watching intently
Having Scotty Cook on the mic for me added to the excitement

Thank you sir, for what you do

9/15/18, 11:31 AM   #3
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by red70racer View Post
Ken Dobson
Your racing heart is 2 times too big
I want every promoter in the United States to look at what you’re doing
You’re transparent, upfront and honest
As a racer you’ve always welcomed us at your events
As a fan you’ve always given just a little extra
I hope the stream thing doesn’t hurt butts in the seats, I hope it promotes butts in the seats
I couldn’t make it last night but was connected to my mobile device watching intently
Having Scotty Cook on the mic for me added to the excitement

Thank you sir, for what you do

I've only met Ken twice,but you're correct he is a class act.IMO several other promoters could learn from him.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

9/15/18, 12:36 PM   #4
Re: Jacksonville POWRi/MOWA
ISF

Coming from a long time bleacher jockey who has seen both ends of the spectrum KD is truly a breath of fresh air in regards to race promotion from a spectator standpoint. We've been down to Jacksonville (2.5 hours one way) several times over the past couple of seasons and fully intend to attend as many events at JS as we can in the future. Under normal circumstances KD runs a very efficient and enjoyable show. Under trying circumstances he does everything within his power to get things done in a way that is as painless as possible for all involved and has the courtesy and openness to explain why things went as they did and that all efforts will be extended to make sure the same situations are reasonably avoided in the future. Can't ask for much more than that.

Thanks KD! Looking forward to seeing great racing at JS in the coming years!

6 members like this post: Dirtfan, dirtnonwingfan, erich45, jim goerge, miledirt, racenut69
9/15/18, 4:00 PM   #5
chrismattlin

You can watch the event here (Thanks Mr. Dobson!):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DPq_GnmLBuU

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
9/15/18, 5:20 PM   #6
Re: Jacksonville POWRi/MOWA
kdobson

I'm sure my wife would beg to differ with a lot of the above. No doubt the promoter of your local track is doing just as much or more to bring you a good show. Sometimes it just looks like greener grass somewhere else. Get to that local track tonight and support it. Couldn't ask for a more beautiful weekend to watch racing. We'll probably have our first snowfall around here within the next 60-80 days.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jacksonville POWRi/MOWA