IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gator"DIRT"Nationals Montpelier rules?
10/6/17, 3:53 PM   #11
Re: Gator"DIRT"Nationals Montpelier rules?
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra 14 View Post
On that size track.. A national midget might be overpowered and not an issue
Especially with "HARDER" rear tires....I think it will level the field...but Cobra it is going to be bigger than is was...going to make the back stretch wider and turn 3-4 not so tight.

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

1 member likes this post: DAD
10/6/17, 4:10 PM   #12
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Davis View Post
JD. .....Johnny Murdock came down here last year and spent $480 total expense and took home in purse $$ over $4 grand with 2 cars + what ever he got for his rental.... as far as restrictions I will not be responsible for guys possible burning up engines with those....we can slow them down with rear tires and tire pressures ...but than you said it "You are not coming"...kind why I put this post out there...To get more cars...and I am only looking at allowing "National Engines" NOTHING, I MEAN NOTHING on black and white
I'd rent my car out for $3333
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

10/7/17, 11:36 AM   #13
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Big fan of Montpelier rules...
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

1 member likes this post: DAD
10/7/17, 12:29 PM   #14
trannyman

The question is..will that get you to make the trip to Georgia?

1 member likes this post: Wayne Davis
10/7/17, 1:22 PM   #15
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

If I get my car back together by then, possibly.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

10/8/17, 11:22 AM   #16
LJC77

Simply put, majority of your D2 guys are blue collar working chumps that can not afford 4 days off of work, thurs,fri,sat,mon. Not everyone will make the show so you have to figure travel expense and hotels at about $600-800 with a return of $250. Haven't even added tire cost, pit passes possible entrie fee? Plus the money lost from missed work. These are dollar numbers every guy with a very limited budget has to take into account.

The majority, not all, of the guys you are asking for from up north are in hibernation in February, trying to save thier money for the next season.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
10/8/17, 1:21 PM   #17
kendirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJC77 View Post
Simply put, majority of your D2 guys are blue collar working chumps that can not afford 4 days off of work, thurs,fri,sat,mon. Not everyone will make the show so you have to figure travel expense and hotels at about $600-800 with a return of $250. Haven't even added tire cost, pit passes possible entrie fee? Plus the money lost from missed work. These are dollar numbers every guy with a very limited budget has to take into account.

The majority, not all, of the guys you are asking for from up north are in hibernation in February, trying to save thier money for the next season.
^^ This is something along the lines of what I was going to post. Screvin is almost 1100 miles one way from my shop. I did some quick math last night, there's just no way it pencils.

This sounds like a great event that I wish I could support. My take is the rules aren't the problem. Either move it North and have it more like late March/early April or figure out what you can do to get more cars from the immediate region.

10/8/17, 4:30 PM   #18
Cobra 14

What's the cost of a racing vacation in the middle of winter? Your admission includes watching the WOO Late model races both nights. A couple of beers with the crew while watching and it becomes a great race weekend. The stories in the truck during the travel is almost worth it alone.

3 members like this post: cornerthree, Crankin, DAD
2/5/18, 6:59 PM   #19
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
Looking to get the best car count for the 4th Annual Gator"DIRT"Nationals

Thinking (only thinking about it) about Montpelier rules over strictly D-2.
$3000 to win...$500 to start will be what we are paying for the GDN....who will make the trip and get out of the cold?

March 8th (practice)....March 9th - Heats with 2) 20 lap Features $600/$150 ... March 10th B-mains Race of Champions $500 to win and the
4th Annual Gator "DIRT" Nationals WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

Southern Raceway Milton Fl. just 12 minutes from the Emerald Coast of Navarre Beach...Destin and Fort Walton Beach

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

Last edited by Wayne Davis; 2/6/18 at 1:58 AM.

2 members like this post: Cobra 14, Wall72w
2/6/18, 12:09 AM   #20
DAD

Quote:
$3000 to win...$500 to start will be what we are paying for the GDN....who will make the trip and get out of the cold?

March 8th (practice)....March 9th - Heats with 2) 20 lap Features $600/$150 ... March 10th B-mains Race of Champions $500 to win and the
4th Annual Gator "DIRT" Nationals WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

Southern Raceway Milton Fl. just 12 minutes from the Emerald Coast of Navarre Beach...Destin and Fort Walton Beach
https://www.google.com/maps/place/93...7!4d-86.932412 (Click on Orange for track pic) I can't see you quitting PaPa Outlaw>>> Harold has definitely got something going on at Montpelier. Going with National cars also would probably double your car count. The track looks just a little too big already for where it is,so I would imagine that they would be smoothing things out and actually making it just a bit smaller than it already is. Looks like it is good old Florida sand and not Indiana red clay so I guess a harder tire would be in order anyhow. Remember they also use a skinny Right wheel up north too. Harold works the track again right before the Midget Main to help out the National cars, if not the lower powered cars would be much more competitive. My advice would be go for it Kiddo, It should be some real good racing.

Guess it's time to get back to FB and do some 60 year old Bench Racing>>>>

Old Dad
Last edited by DAD; 2/6/18 at 12:10 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gator"DIRT"Nationals Montpelier rules?