IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC vs WOO vs Allstars vs ASCS
2/18/20, 11:52 PM   #11
Re: USAC vs WOO vs Allstars vs ASCS
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodoors View Post
Did you even read what I wrote?? I said DIVISIONS to cut down on travel. I get it you don't like the idea ok but please dont talk about traveling and costs when I addressed it already
Of course i read it. You said "I also feel that all 3 Series should combine"

2/18/20, 11:57 PM   #12
revjimk

Quote:
Did you even read what I wrote?? I said DIVISIONS to cut down on travel. I get it you don't like the idea ok but please dont talk about traveling and costs when I addressed it already
I wasn't sure what you meant by this: "Since the All Stars and WOO run Wings all the time USAC would be mindful to do the same the Motor Package of 410 is the same but USAC doesn't run a wing." Was there supposed to be a period between "do the same" and "the Motor package"? If its "Since the All Stars and WOO run Wings all the time USAC would be mindful to do the same", are you suggesting that USAC run wings? Not a popular idea here. If not, its just a confusing run on sentence.
Not trying to give you a hard time, just exchanging ideas

2/19/20, 12:06 AM   #13
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
....And who cares about NASCAR fans?

1 member likes this post: oppweld
2/19/20, 7:37 AM   #14
nodoors

I am suggesting that all 3 clubs become 1 and form local divisions, then have a 10 race championship to decide who is the national championship. 1 National Series not 3

2/19/20, 2:12 PM   #15
captrat

The last thing sprint car racing needs is to follow the business model/plan of so-called big time racing or sports in general. Much of the appeal of this niche in this sport is that it identifies with all sorts of people, not just those who can afford exorbitant ticket costs. Do the purses in USAC need upgrading, yes. For years dirt racing bought into the idea if they just had more TV exposure this would bring more fans. How has that worked out? You simply cannot bring the experience via TV versus being there. So what works? In today's world on-line coverage sometimes with whole events or better yet highlight shows that are edited for excitement. This will entice a casual observer to maybe actually attend. Things like LoudPedal, Flo and others do this well. The NOS 1 minute commercial packs more excitement than 2 hours Lucas Oil ASCS for example. What do long time NASCAR fans complain about: the overall slickness of the events. I love our sport because it does have wrinkles and rough edges. So-called big time does not necessarily equate with quality.

3 members like this post: dirt330, Indy1808, motorhead748
2/19/20, 4:12 PM   #16
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

Back to the original post. Sorry but to me this is like comparing apples to oranges to bananas.
(Wings vs regular sprint cars vs midgets)
Or just leave USAC out of the mix.

Unless you are talking about the smoothness/fairness of officiating
and the actual putting on a timely, well organized event.
Even then, I rarely go see wings or care to.

Perhaps comparing USAC to MSCS to WAR is more of an even playing field.
I will opt out now.
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing

1 member likes this post: Hustlin-Hoosier
2/19/20, 6:26 PM   #17
nodoors

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
The last thing sprint car racing needs is to follow the business model/plan of so-called big time racing or sports in general. Much of the appeal of this niche in this sport is that it identifies with all sorts of people, not just those who can afford exorbitant ticket costs. Do the purses in USAC need upgrading, yes. For years dirt racing bought into the idea if they just had more TV exposure this would bring more fans. How has that worked out? You simply cannot bring the experience via TV versus being there. So what works? In today's world on-line coverage sometimes with whole events or better yet highlight shows that are edited for excitement. This will entice a casual observer to maybe actually attend. Things like LoudPedal, Flo and others do this well. The NOS 1 minute commercial packs more excitement than 2 hours Lucas Oil ASCS for example. What do long time NASCAR fans complain about: the overall slickness of the events. I love our sport because it does have wrinkles and rough edges. So-called big time does not necessarily equate with quality.
I have to Disagree about TV Coverage and purses. If Sprint Car Racing got a TV Contract that in and of itself would bring MONEY to the drivers and Bigger Purses at all events.

You say TV will not bring in fans well I have the privelage of watching TV at work when all the Aircraft maintenance is completed. We have MAVTV there No one I work with ever saw a Sprint Car race and had No Idea what they even were. I must say after watching a WOO Race the entire Crew want more and more Sprint Car Racing. They couldn't understand how the drivers could see witth all the dirt flyung so I had to explain what tear offs were. Now every tima a Sprint Car race is on MAVTV ther are 40 people sitting there in awe watching.

About 10 of them have come to Port Royal and Williamsgrove with me taking them to see it live they are hooked. So your idea about TV is way off not only from the spectator point but also the money point

2/19/20, 7:25 PM   #18
revjimk

Quote:
I have to Disagree about TV Coverage and purses. If Sprint Car Racing got a TV Contract that in and of itself would bring MONEY to the drivers and Bigger Purses at all events.

You say TV will not bring in fans well I have the privelage of watching TV at work when all the Aircraft maintenance is completed. We have MAVTV there No one I work with ever saw a Sprint Car race and had No Idea what they even were. I must say after watching a WOO Race the entire Crew want more and more Sprint Car Racing. They couldn't understand how the drivers could see witth all the dirt flyung so I had to explain what tear offs were. Now every tima a Sprint Car race is on MAVTV ther are 40 people sitting there in awe watching.

About 10 of them have come to Port Royal and Williamsgrove with me taking them to see it live they are hooked. So your idea about TV is way off not only from the spectator point but also the money point
True... TV=$$$
Glad you're bringing in new fans!

2/19/20, 7:26 PM   #19
revjimk

Quote:
I am suggesting that all 3 clubs become 1 and form local divisions, then have a 10 race championship to decide who is the national championship. 1 National Series not 3
So does that mean wings for USAC?

2/19/20, 8:03 PM   #20
Hustlin-Hoosier

Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
So does that mean wings for USAC?
I thought they tried that already

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC vs WOO vs Allstars vs ASCS