IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Love Hate
2/16/20, 3:52 AM   #21
Re: Love Hate
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
Agree, however, from a fan's point of view sometimes it seems they forget they are in the sports/entertainment business. Last night 30 cars took time, 1 car did not make the call for heats. So, I assume because of the new 30 car rule, then the 29 cars were divided into just 3 heats. IMO it is these kinds of things that often cause negative feedback. $30 for tickets is reasonable, however a shortened program is not. If I go to a baseball game I expect 9 innings, not 7.
The time of the heat races is listed at just over 2mins or less...(so most likely, that is how long the "missed" one woulda took...). There was still a semi-feature too...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

2 members like this post: opnwhlmnd, tirespinner
2/16/20, 10:12 AM   #22
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdull99 View Post
The time of the heat races is listed at just over 2mins or less...(so most likely, that is how long the "missed" one woulda took...). There was still a semi-feature too...
Not a question of time, rather getting a full paid for program when there is more than an adequate number of participants.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
2/16/20, 12:43 PM   #23
Stephen Cording

Love - Non-Wing Traditional Sprint Car Racing.
Hate - losing drivers and teams to Wing payday Racing.

USAC appear to be in a stable and healthy position at present (the young blood have done wonders in the overall running of the show) maybe the time is right to look at the prize / appearance money for the teams & drivers.

2/16/20, 12:53 PM   #24
jdull99

Quote:
Not a question of time, rather getting a full paid for program when there is more than an adequate number of participants.
Yes it is...take the time to realize (everyone on this thread that is upset)...you are talking about TWO MINUTES worth of a "program"!!! LOL. You all buy more tickets than I do (so I thank-you), but really...TWO MINUTES of action??? Then you woulda had 7 car heat races & I'm sure someone woulda complained (maybe not on this board, but at the track). I'm sure all the people complaining were there for track prep, hot laps, time trials, the 3 heat races, semi, feature, and then went in the pits to buy t-shirts and autographs. Have a couple beverages and some track food and call it a good night! Stop somewhere on the way home if you need to find some more entertainment to replace the two minutes of action you missed...

2/16/20, 3:47 PM   #25
Kirk Spridgeon

It now takes 31 cars in attendance at the draw to equal four heats. Scratches aren’t taken into account anymore. That is still less than WoO and ASCoC.

The average starting position of the feature winner over four races at Ocala was 8.25!

Rules & procedures simple can’t be changed based on distance travelled. Either give work area time to EVERY competitor in heats & semi-feature, or guarantee none. I’m quite certain the complaints would be more plentiful if all that work area time was used as opposed to how it is now.

2/17/20, 5:46 PM   #26
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdull99 View Post
Yes it is...take the time to realize (everyone on this thread that is upset)...you are talking about TWO MINUTES worth of a "program"!!! LOL. You all buy more tickets than I do (so I thank-you), but really...TWO MINUTES of action??? Then you woulda had 7 car heat races & I'm sure someone woulda complained (maybe not on this board, but at the track). I'm sure all the people complaining were there for track prep, hot laps, time trials, the 3 heat races, semi, feature, and then went in the pits to buy t-shirts and autographs. Have a couple beverages and some track food and call it a good night! Stop somewhere on the way home if you need to find some more entertainment to replace the two minutes of action you missed...
Thanks for supporting my point. 🤔 Correct it is only a few minutes. 29 cars were divided into 3 heats. 29 into 4 would equate to 3 heats of 7 and one 8. No 6 car heats. 27 or below no problem with 3 heats.

2 members like this post: erich45, tirespinner
2/17/20, 6:35 PM   #27
jdull99

Quote:
Thanks for supporting my point. 🤔 Correct it is only a few minutes. 29 cars were divided into 3 heats. 29 into 4 would equate to 3 heats of 7 and one 8. No 6 car heats. 27 or below no problem with 3 heats.
I retract the plural "heats". I meant a 7 car heat.

Read the rulebook if you must before attending every race, I guess. Decide then if it's worth your admission. I wouldn't wanna live that way myself...lol

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
2/20/20, 11:23 PM   #28
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Spridgeon View Post
Rules & procedures simple can’t be changed based on distance travelled. Either give work area time to EVERY competitor in heats & semi-feature, or guarantee none. I’m quite certain the complaints would be more plentiful if all that work area time was used as opposed to how it is now.
oh gosh no !!!
Please!!!
I can hardly stand it just when its used for a feature.
I just about flip out whenever theres an open Red.
I dont think its a good idea to lengthen things out like that. Lets not go back to features running at midnight and me carrying the kids out to the car because they're asleep! That’s not going to keep the future of this sport going.
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing

2/24/20, 12:16 AM   #29
flagboy55

Dad and I were talking the other day about format when he first started going to and taking me and my brother to USAC races back in the day. If memory serves only 28 cars made the show, and heats were completely inverted. I’m sure some of you were there then, is that correct? If so I would love to see that again

5 members like this post: Charles Nungester, duel, erich45, sp6967, TNRustler
2/24/20, 6:50 AM   #30
sp6967

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Dad and I were talking the other day about format when he first started going to and taking me and my brother to USAC races back in the day. If memory serves only 28 cars made the show, and heats were completely inverted. I’m sure some of you were there then, is that correct? If so I would love to see that again
thats correct, and that was the best format.

3 members like this post: duel, erich45, PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Love Hate