IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Larson is coming back to the Chili Bowl Thursday in the #98K
1/12/24, 6:56 AM   #21
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLASTER1 View Post
Kyle has NEVER been a look at me type guy…. Go ahead and land the Black Helicopters SMH 🤦

BTW… Keith and Pete don’t roll like that also!
So starting your own series and run it on midweek dates so you can attend and the following year when that series expands to the weekends keep track of the weekday races points so you can have a championship within a championship isn’t a look at me thing?
I’m not bashing KL in the least and he is without a doubt one of the greatest talents ever but things change.

1/12/24, 7:52 AM   #22
Re: Larson is coming back to the Chili Bowl Thursday in the
BLASTER1

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead748 View Post
So starting your own series and run it on midweek dates so you can attend and the following year when that series expands to the weekends keep track of the weekday races points so you can have a championship within a championship isn’t a look at me thing?
I’m not bashing KL in the least and he is without a doubt one of the greatest talents ever but things change.
NO….but I am sure if you look hard enough you can Bad in anyone!

Most look for the positive in Him in ownership in a series…..

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
1/12/24, 9:48 AM   #23
nodramazone20

Has anyone in the media thought to ask Larson how he and the 57 team plans on running enough races to get a charter??.....Or are we to just assume the 57 will operate under different set of standards?....Sounds like a legitimate question to ask??.....If it has been asked, I am not aware of the answer.

1/12/24, 11:27 AM   #24
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

putting someone else in the car for the other races would get the car a charter I think. But not sure his crew chief wants to run sixty times or more.

1 member likes this post: dkdorkboy
1/12/24, 11:43 AM   #25
Kinser11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
putting someone else in the car for the other races would get the car a charter I think. But not sure his crew chief wants to run sixty times or more.
What driver would want to be in the 57 car, and set when Kyle is in it. Any driver good enough to make a respectable showing has a full time ride.

1/12/24, 1:07 PM   #26
Midget98

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodramazone20 View Post
Has anyone in the media thought to ask Larson how he and the 57 team plans on running enough races to get a charter??.....Or are we to just assume the 57 will operate under different set of standards?....Sounds like a legitimate question to ask??.....If it has been asked, I am not aware of the answer.
Have you ever thought that he doesn't really care about the charter system for himself? These charters aren't like F1 where you have to have one in order to enter a car in a series event. The charter system is just a way of rewarding teams that make the series a success through consistent participation. Also, Larson doesn't really need the share of media money that goes to the charter teams. I imagine he'll show up and race when he can and be just as successful as he has already shown he can be.
Last edited by Midget98; 1/12/24 at 1:09 PM.

6 members like this post: BLASTER1, Dirtfan, Hubie48, Hustlin-Hoosier, jdull99, racenut69
1/12/24, 2:17 PM   #27
nodramazone20

Yes, I did think about that, but he is not the car owner or at least not the sole owner. I am well aware of how this charter works, its a fair question.

1/12/24, 4:32 PM   #28
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

There's a lot of good drivers that would go after these 10-15k races twice a week I bet. Although they race Knox, PA or NARC. Golobic, Kaeding several others. There are also two 57s

1 member likes this post: Hustlin-Hoosier
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Larson is coming back to the Chili Bowl Thursday in the #98K