IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway - Season Opener - Rescheduled
4/4/14, 3:53 PM   #21
Re: Lincoln Park Speedway - Season Opener - Rescheduled
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Guess I was busy flaming where Mike already had his blow torch out.

Im not much on grilling anyone, Mainly because its the main reason I get when meeting people that they aren't posting here. Somebody's question might not be a dumb as it sounds. But that post was just plain disrespectful and something I'd never put up with. It's about like telling a electrician to stand in two feet of water and work on live lines.

4/4/14, 4:15 PM   #22
herbie42

Race Count This Year: 1
Race Count Last Year: 45

When you work construction and have worked with dirt your whole life and have done soil stabilization I kinda know what it takes! There's been many times we've sealed over jobs and had heavy rains for a couple days and went right back to work. All I'm saying is what till at least the morning to call it with the wind today and the sunshine tomorrow it's gonna dry out. Even if you offer help like myself and a couple other racers have in the past about track conditions we just get the cold shoulder so yes I have offered to help thank you!!!! And the burg has gotten just as much rain as we've gotten. Just simply ready to go racing!!!

4/4/14, 4:46 PM   #23
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbie42 View Post
When you work construction and have worked with dirt your whole life and have done soil stabilization I kinda know what it takes! There's been many times we've sealed over jobs and had heavy rains for a couple days and went right back to work. All I'm saying is what till at least the morning to call it with the wind today and the sunshine tomorrow it's gonna dry out. Even if you offer help like myself and a couple other racers have in the past about track conditions we just get the cold shoulder so yes I have offered to help thank you!!!! And the burg has gotten just as much rain as we've gotten. Just simply ready to go racing!!!
Have you ever been stuck in the mud "NEAR" your job site?

4/4/14, 5:28 PM   #24
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
Have you ever been stuck in the mud "NEAR" your job site?
Probably keeps trying to dig himself out and keeps sinking

2 members like this post: jim goerge, PJ Wright
4/4/14, 7:03 PM   #25
Onlydirt

In Indiana its silly to start before May...that goes for little league also. We still haven't had but 2-3 practices. ITs really wet folks.

1 member likes this post: colt45
4/4/14, 8:21 PM   #26
Flatrightrear

Got 6 inches in Evansville. I'm talking rain....HA HA.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, MWestfallfan54
4/4/14, 8:43 PM   #27
K9Racer

If they wait till day of and realize that it will be too wet, then they will get several complaints as to why they didn't cancel earlier. MR. "expert" would b#### because they didn't cancel earlier. If you are so experienced with dirt, you would be a shoe in for being a track owner or promoter. Several opportunities out there, put your vast knowledge to work and make a fortune. Sounds like you would do well in Washington (DC)! Hope you are just a fan that needs a racing fix. I can't imagine that you have any money invested, or you would understand what is going on in the REAL world. Oh, at that work site, did you race expensive race cars on a smooth fast surface. HELLO

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, HurstBros0, jim goerge, kcarm92, Tim Bookmiller
4/4/14, 9:55 PM   #28
johnnythunderhead
Banned

listen they gave ya all an early notice, rather than making you drive to the track only to be notifed then/ the usac opener is at Lawrenceburg, come check it out an quitcher bitchin!

4/5/14, 3:13 AM   #29
blue29

Great decision and a huge thumbs up for calling it on Friday saves a lot of work for everyone and to throw in a test is also great, with decisions like this it looks like a bright future for LPS

4/5/14, 8:31 AM   #30
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbie42 View Post
The track itself is only a small part of it. The parking and pit areas, maybe the septic system or food stands, could be the problem. I work in dirt ,but am far from an expert. Could you explain to me how to seal over a parking lot?

3 members like this post: cwfan08, jim goerge, K9Racer
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway - Season Opener - Rescheduled