IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Question
8/4/14, 5:25 PM   #11
Re: Question
Sprintcarfanatic

At Limaland 1 night I just happen to be going to the restroom & a t-shirt still in the package came down right in between the bleachers beside me, I scooped it up & kept on a walking. Gave it to a kid who was a fan of Tony Stewart.

2 members like this post: dirt330, PIT CART
8/4/14, 5:52 PM   #12
Tumey's 55

Go to a Pacer game and watch people sitting in seats which cost $100 and up react to a free T-shirt toss. That is a real head scratcher.

8/4/14, 6:31 PM   #13
REH24

Why do fans do what they do at any event. I had a jerk actually try to yank a pen out of my hand while waiting to get an autograph at Indy one year, luckily I had a good grip and he was unable to get it. I just don't get it as we are there at the event for the same reason and that's to have a fun time. Comes down to no respect for the other person.

REH

“Sight has to do with what we can see, but vision has to do with what we can be.”

1 member likes this post: ISF
8/4/14, 6:37 PM   #14
Flatrightrear

Respect? Is this day and age? Like common sense it's pretty rare.

3 members like this post: JackSam40, jim goerge, PIT CART
8/4/14, 6:44 PM   #15
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

The only time I ever caught a t-shirt at the races, I gave it to the kid sitting in the row next to us. His mother opened it up and it was larger than the kid. She said that would be his PJ's for quite some time. In looking at the kid you would have thought someone gave him a million dollars. I doubt if he has ever outgrown it.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

4 members like this post: davidm, dirt330, jim goerge, PIT CART
8/4/14, 6:53 PM   #16
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Was coming up to the stairs under the bleachers at Waynesfield last year's Harvest of Sprints and a shirt in a bag flew through the stair opening and I caught it on the fly. Gave it to Gail Sorenson Guess that gift was topped last weekend

8/4/14, 6:59 PM   #17
Jerry Shaw

Making people compete with one another for "free stuff" has always triggered a dark part of human nature, in some. You see it more obviously, now, because there's a 24 hr news cycle and more coverage, but it's always been that way. 20 years ago I was working in retail on Black Friday at a place that was giving away free "Lion King" tapes to the first 100 people through the door. I saw people running over one another when we opened and a hell of a little scrap, on the floor, between two 30'ish women. Neither looked like they were anywhere near what you would call needy or poor. And it took three people to get them to let go of one another. Free stuff just tends to bring out the lowest common denominator.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 8/4/14 at 7:06 PM.

8/4/14, 8:29 PM   #18
suzuki756

Because people today are lazy and want everything for free they can get there hands on..... and common sence ... that's gone along time ago

8/4/14, 9:18 PM   #19
racenut69

Just call my 50/50 number and I'm happy!..I've got a closet full of T-Shirts and you are right,they never throw my size or my color(Large and NOT pink)!..LOL!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Question