IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > KTJ to Blazin Racin!
1/9/17, 12:11 PM   #1
KTJ to Blazin Racin!
flagboy55

Just saw on twitter a post frumpy dubpub media that Kevin will be running the Buffalo Wild Wings car for about 80 races this year. I wish him all the best but hope he runs some without the wing. Gonna miss him

2 members like this post: tirespinner, WinglessLovers
1/9/17, 12:49 PM   #2
Re: KTJ to Blazin Racin!
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 85

Yes, just saw the report on Speed Sport website. I am happy Kevin got such a good ride with a good team with his lack of winged racing experience. Wish the very best to him in his new endeavor. On the other side of the coin wingless racing loses another good driver and that is sad. Can't understand why the leading feature winner in wingless sprints in 2017 cannot find a wingless ride nor a car owner would offer him a wingless ride in 2017. That is another sad state of affairs in the wingless world!

Bruce Eckel

3 members like this post: bighd0522, i love dirt track racing, Simon_says17
1/9/17, 5:11 PM   #3
staggerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinglessLovers View Post
Yes, just saw the report on Speed Sport website. I am happy Kevin got such a good ride with a good team with his lack of winged racing experience. Wish the very best to him in his new endeavor. On the other side of the coin wingless racing loses another good driver and that is sad. Can't understand why the leading feature winner in wingless sprints in 2017 cannot find a wingless ride nor a car owner would offer him a wingless ride in 2017. That is another sad state of affairs in the wingless world!

Bruce Eckel
Look at the purses winged vs nonwinged and you would see why. It is a shame. Good luck to KTJ.

3 members like this post: bighd0522, DirtHawk92, jim goerge
1/9/17, 6:01 PM   #4
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinglessLovers View Post

Bruce Eckel
KTJ was great in the 4J last year but they said it themselves they weren't planning on running that many races. Gotta remember there are only so many teams with the money and support to run full USAC schedules.

4 members like this post: DirtHawk92, jim goerge, mike mcghee, tirespinner
1/9/17, 7:08 PM   #5
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggerman View Post
Look at the purses winged vs nonwinged and you would see why. It is a shame. Good luck to KTJ.
I followed a couple of guys that ran wings last year. Some nights those guys didn't make much money. It doesn't matter where you race if your not up front, you won't make money.

1/9/17, 10:06 PM   #6
410fuelinjected

It seems as the trend is to the Winged Nation on a national platform for open wheel racing. All the majors in terms of purses and prestige reside there and little that a local promoter can do to reverse this. It is sad because in my opinion open wheel cars are poetry in motion and so much depends on the guy or gal with the best command of connecting ones ass and right foot to a given surface at a specific point in time that determines the outcome on a given day or night. KTJ's departure is understandable although sad. I wish him, Todd & Susan LaHaise and the entire Wild Wings team the best of luck in their new partnership. A fan without the wing and will continue to watch and cheer with the wing.

2 members like this post: Eatin Dirt, WinglessLovers
1/10/17, 2:40 AM   #7
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggerman View Post
Exactly. Good luck to KT

1 member likes this post: Simon_says17
1/10/17, 8:06 AM   #8
BrentTFunk

I don't think there is enough of an increase in purse to offset travel expense, but merchandise is where you can do it. Because you run more tracks. Those sales are also based on how you run, and the quality of the stuff you sell.

1/10/17, 8:35 AM   #9
staggerman

Figure starting a Woo feature is $800 that is 2nd or 3rd place money at a weekly IN show and 6th place money with USAC. I just hope they give him time to get settled in. That team has history of rotating drivers.

3 members like this post: jdull99, jim goerge, Simon_says17
1/10/17, 12:27 PM   #10
illinisprintfan

USAC sprint car races are going to look a lot different this year. BC gone, Ballou mending, Bacon part time and now KT JR running primarily with a wing. There are going to be opportunities for some young guys to step up and make a name for themselves. Should be interesting.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > KTJ to Blazin Racin!