IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
grantman (Offline)
  #41 10/22/17 3:33 PM
What ever you day CHARLES.
racegal (Offline)
  #42 10/22/17 3:50 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Did your car beat him? Whats your excuse?
Cheap shots are just that. CHEAP.
Haters gonna hate.

DD FAN-atic!! Susan St. Catherine
God bless America and our troops
2 Likes: Charles Nungester, PJ Wright
david mitchell (Offline)
  #43 10/22/17 4:19 PM
I think Grantman needs medicine.
2 Likes: nathans1012, racegal
ThePurple73 (Offline)
  #44 10/22/17 7:56 PM
I think it is time to re-think the rules on lapped traffic. So many 1/4 mile tracks and slow traffic is an issue.
DICNJAN (Offline)
  #45 10/22/17 8:11 PM
sat nite...was a great nite bet you all missed it ...263 cars 45 different races ...no time to leave for potty break or food ..with out missing a race ...the last nite is always good ...so many people they ran out of everything food an drinks even pop corn...all over now ...basketball starts friday see you all next year
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, gtownplowboy, tirespinner
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #46 10/23/17 9:37 AM
Originally Posted by ThePurple73:
I think it is time to re-think the rules on lapped traffic. So many 1/4 mile tracks and slow traffic is an issue.
Like what? How a driver works lapped traffic makes racing exciting. Felt bad for Dave, but happy for Tyler. Remember the blue flag does not mean pull over. it means hold your line. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary with the lapped cars.
8 Likes: Claybird33, duel, Jerry Shaw, jjones752, Kydehart, racegal, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
jjones752 (Offline)
  #47 10/23/17 10:45 AM
Agree with Brent; some of the most exciting racing happens when the leader is approaching traffic and he and his pursuers have to figure out multiple solutions to the same problem. Watching the best in the business lunge and parry while all Hell is breaking loose around them is what makes short track non wing dirt track racing so great, Sprints or Midgets.
Another thing is some of the "lappers" aren't tossers like me, but are equally as talented as the leaders, in as good equipment, trying to make up for some earlier misfortune or unfortunate starting position. At a place like Kokomo it's easy to get behind the 8-ball and find yourself scrambling to get caught back up.

Jim Jones
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, jscott101, Kydehart, Simon_says17, tirespinner