IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > DD the meatcutter
6/15/09, 5:41 PM   #1
DD the meatcutter
hogan6

I guess he brought back his old meatcutting skills he honed at Kroger's last nite at Kokomo. He was chopping everything around him. Cole had every reason to be upset with him. They can redo the track all they want if we're gonna get served up that juicy feature.

1 member likes this post: Pine
6/15/09, 8:39 PM   #2
Re: DD the meatcutter
ThrottleHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogan6 View Post
I guess he brought back his old meatcutting skills he honed at Kroger's last nite at Kokomo. He was chopping everything around him. Cole had every reason to be upset with him. They can redo the track all they want if we're gonna get served up that juicy feature.
Nevermind. I don't get the driver bashing..... especially DD. If chopping is such an issue I have seen it happen a lot by a lot of drivers. Where are threads calling them out on this??
Last edited by ThrottleHead; 6/15/09 at 8:42 PM.

6/15/09, 11:24 PM   #3
Brandon Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrottleHead View Post
Nevermind. I don't get the driver bashing..... especially DD. If chopping is such an issue I have seen it happen a lot by a lot of drivers. Where are threads calling them out on this??
Amen. DD is a class act and one of the best around. Great show by all at Kokomo

6/16/09, 8:10 AM   #4
LEADERS EDGE

I don't think he knew Whitt was out there. If he was going to block, surely he would have took Clauson's nose after the first dive under him.

6/16/09, 12:26 PM   #5
pletchfan

You are in the wrong place to be bad mouthing DD. He has MANY, MANY fans on this board and has had for years. He is a REALLY GREAT driver and I have not known him to be dirty!! I think if he was wanting to chop anyone him and Clauson would have gotten together not him and Cole Whitt.

6/16/09, 2:51 PM   #6
IndyBound

I have to agree DD is a really great driver, a class act, he has many fans on the IOW Board and in the racing community; an I am proud to say I am one of those fans. I have never considered Dave a dirty driver. A Winner - Yes, Exciting to Watch - Yes, A Class Act - Yes, Dirty Driver - No, No, No and No Never!!!!!

Patti

6/16/09, 3:22 PM   #7
Geoff Kaiser

I'd like to hear Bryan Clauson's opinion on this...

6/16/09, 4:07 PM   #8
SprintManDave

I also agree that DD has way too much class to be called a dirty driver.(Must be from a Whitt fan)

6/16/09, 4:22 PM   #9
Jerry Shaw

Dave Darland has over two decades of being a clean driver, so he's not a dirty driver. He led a lot of laps the other night and obviously wanted to win. He did pinch the faster Clauson a bunch of times, to keep him from getting under him and admitted as much in the post race interview. So you can't say he isn't honest either. BC figured out what was going on, went around DD on the outside and drove away. Maybe he did the same thing to Cole and Cole didn't like it. Cole Whitt's not exactly a troublemaker, either. It's a big race, at a track prepared in a way that enabled a lot of these guys to really go at it, from beginning to end. Those are the type of races that a few drivers almost always end up not happy with one another.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 6/16/09 at 5:20 PM.

6/16/09, 5:22 PM   #10
hogan6

I figured everyone would look the other way. Hey, I too think Dave's a great race car driver. But yet he was over the top at Kokomo last Sunday. I have never seen him play so much defense which cost him the race on the last restart. Buckwalter and Whitt had no clue where he was going last after lap.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > DD the meatcutter