IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Flatrightrear (Offline)
  #21 3/22/14 10:19 PM
rchick, Go to Gas City and check it out for sure. Kokomo isn't too far away so you need to see it, too.
2 Likes: rchick, speed bump
Bad Dad 54 (Offline)
  #22 3/22/14 11:33 PM
What about let'n them pay for the seats for the year, then they can save'm all they want May be give'm a price break for the year
2 Likes: koolaid89, rataz
#1jackhewittfan (Offline)
  #23 3/23/14 12:11 AM
Main reason I avoid gas city I'll gladly give my money to other Friday night tracks where I know for sure I can get a seat
cwfan08 (Offline)
  #24 3/23/14 1:34 AM
At this point i could care less about seating..everyone better be glad Mel stepped up to the plate because the track probably wouldnt have opened this year..The city will not let the track get new grand stands they tried several years ago and it was denied..idk how all that works but it is what it is..There are still Plenty of good seats there..maybe not right in front of the tower but down towards turn 1 most of the top section is available each night..In case anyone hasn't seen the website the test n tune was cancelled because of this weather..I really hope races don't start getting cancelled but with the weather the way it is who knows..

Tyler
3 Likes: addictedtodirt, BrentTFunk, speed bump
PIT CART (Offline)
  #25 3/23/14 7:39 AM
I made it to all but three of the races last year and had no trouble finding a seat. The only time it is packed is for USAC shows . Every race track has somebody saving seats for there friends or putting down blankets early, but for some reason people only complain about Gas City!!!
5 Likes: Andrew S. Quinn, cjaxx1987, Justigit, mowerman, NEMA88
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #26 3/23/14 8:55 AM
I attend Gas City almost every Friday night, I may save seats at Sprintweek, but beyond that I don't. I have never had trouble finding a seat. It is a quarter mile track. You can see the whole track from every seat.
8 Likes: Andrew S. Quinn, cjaxx1987, cwfan08, flatout18, PIT CART, Pitpass, speed bump, Tim Watson
AERO410SCJA (Offline)
  #27 3/23/14 9:22 AM
Originally Posted by LittleRube:
If I can't find a seat can I sit with you??? You have enough room for 30 right?
Don't have room for 30 Rube,maybe 28 and Ching Chang Chow.
AERO410SCJA (Offline)
  #28 3/23/14 9:26 AM
Originally Posted by jerry spencer:
well areo you got what you wanted, hope your happy

jerry
:d
2 Likes: monkeyboy, PAW
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #29 3/23/14 9:55 AM
Originally Posted by AERO410SCJA:
Don't have room for 30 Rube,maybe 28 and Ching Chang Chow.
Can you make another trip over and save one for me too,Uncle Aero??
Justigit (Offline)
  #30 3/23/14 10:33 AM
I agree with Pit Cart and Mr. Funk. And from what I have seen at G.C. is, the ones that do the most complaining are the ones that get to the track 2 minutes before the 1st heat pushes off then heads to the top row and expects everyone to get up and move out of the way so they can set down.
Don't forget that the regular Friday niters buy food, drink and beer for themselves and families all year long and not just a couple USAC shows. By the way for the person that complained about coolers, you won't find coolers in the stands at G.C. and Kokomo so come on out to watch the races, both tracks have fantastic racing on weekly shows all year long! JMO
7 Likes: Andrew S. Quinn, BrentTFunk, cjaxx1987, cwfan08, flatout18, nedra_bahler_835@com, PIT CART