IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Cannon McIntosh
8/8/20, 8:10 PM   #1
Cannon McIntosh
Terry Porter

Just my opinion but he seems to be driving more recklessly lately. That slider on Cummins and Lanco would have never made it.

2 members like this post: luckybuc97, tirespinner
8/8/20, 8:38 PM   #2
Re: Cannon McIntosh
Terry Porter

"Nothing intentional, just hard racing"

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
8/9/20, 1:53 PM   #3
haubstadtlover

McIntosh wouldn't drive like that if he had to pay/repair his own car! Too bad the "Pit Penalty" with a tire iron is gone.

6 members like this post: Hubie, Indy1808, jim goerge, jonboat15, luckybuc97, opnwhlmnd
8/9/20, 3:38 PM   #4
skids59

Quote:
Originally Posted by haubstadtlover View Post
McIntosh wouldn't drive like that if he had to pay/repair his own car! Too bad the "Pit Penalty" with a tire iron is gone.
Would this apply to Courtney as well?

6 members like this post: Indy1808, jim goerge, jonboat15, oppweld, Sprint63122, trackprep
8/9/20, 3:57 PM   #5
jonboat15

I don't know what to think about slide jobs but I don't like reckless ones. The first one I didn't like was in 87 when Kinser threw an ugly one on Doty going into four for the checkered flag at the Grove. Brad had to brake or hit the fence, I thought it was about the dirtiest move I'd ever seen. I was at Eldora when Hewitt slammed into McSpadden and that was spectacular to say the least.

Why does the guy on the bad end of the slider get blamed for not braking? Shouldn't the guy attempting the slider be able to race side by side and maybe use his brake pedal to do that. I know that bullrings offer some contact but some of these haymakers we see today by young and old alike I think are a bit irresponsible. I feel bad for the teams that can't afford a ton of parts, Adam Pierson was one of those guys on the bad end of a slider at Kutztown their week was over that night.

8/9/20, 4:20 PM   #6
Sprint63122

Quote:
Originally Posted by skids59 View Post
Would this apply to Courtney as well?
Usac will never penalize there golden child otherwise he would have been parked a long time ago and its sad to see the BC by that car number not even in the same class on or off the track Bryan was . When you have the people running the races in charge you would think they would want to clean up this style of driving but with conflict of interest in race command now for a few years this has been let go for to long. They do not fully inspect cars let along check tracks for rocks baseball and softball size makes it look like they just show up to collect a check in there new vehicles.

6 members like this post: billw, Eatin Dirt, Indy1808, jim goerge, PIT CART, skids59
8/10/20, 12:08 AM   #7
Hubie

The slide jobs are crazy in the Midget division, some of which are just absolutely insane. Just the word "Slidejob" has entered into the lexicon as Flo-TV announcers use it quite often. It was once a derogatory word associated with dirty driving.

In the Midget division it seems to be the new normal. Race cars are expensive, but when you have all these multi car teams with oodles of cash I guess tearing cars up is part of the game. It is just not the Midget division as I saw several "slidejobs" thrown during Sprint Weeks. Some of the guys, who shall remain nameless in this post, are really good at it.

It is a part of racing, I get it. I am old enough that most of the tracks the sprinters run on are in all reality, Midget tracks. Slide jobs on half miles often happen at a higher speed making the crashes more dangerous. With the demise of the half mile and everything else, it seems that "slidejobs" and "bumpercars" is the new normal.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, jonboat15, Steve Wendel
8/10/20, 2:20 AM   #8
Chris Baue

Hell, they’re all about the same race cars and if they’re all flat out you have to do something to get past the guy in front of you 😬

2 members like this post: bvall24, jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Cannon McIntosh