IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smackdown - should I go?
8/7/20, 4:45 PM   #11
Re: Smackdown - should I go?
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

Henry Graham and I aren't going. We both have medical issues that make it unwise. I'm bummed because I've only missed one before, when I had a previous medical issue. Getting old is a *****.

That leaves us with two tickets, the kind with the included pit pass. If anyone decided late to go and doesn't have tickets, they are available. The face value is $80 each for the whole weekend.

5 members like this post: addictedtodirt, dirtnonwingfan, ISF, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97
8/8/20, 10:34 AM   #12
Longtime sprinter

I was not excited about paying $150 for Flo-racing for the year, but am so glad I did. Have watched Indiana sprint week, East coast midget series, bunch of Kyle Larsons’ run thru the all stars, so many, many more. Best investment ever, and, with travel expenses, and gate, I’ve saved bunch of money. Not like being at track, and next year I’ll go, as I have for over 60 years, but to keep from getting sick, great substitution.

8/8/20, 1:24 PM   #13
captrat

Almost no one would have to make the choice of staying home if EVERYONE would wear a mask..

6 members like this post: ISF, Jonr, Ken Bonnema, oldfan49, Points, spicoli
8/9/20, 8:18 AM   #14
PAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
Almost no one would have to make the choice of staying home if EVERYONE would wear a mask..
If mask and social distancing worked we would be going to the Indy 500. End of story!

8/9/20, 1:40 PM   #15
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAW View Post
If mask and social distancing worked we would be going to the Indy 500. End of story!
If we would have done these things on a consistent broad scale we would be going to all kinds of events and places. Reality is we did not do these in the past or are we doing them now. As Joe Friday said, just the facts.

2 members like this post: Ken Bonnema, oldfan49
8/9/20, 2:05 PM   #16
revjimk

Quote:
almost no one would have to make the choice of staying home if everyone would wear a mask..
bingo!!!

2 members like this post: Ken Bonnema, spicoli
8/9/20, 2:07 PM   #17
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAW View Post
For it to work, people actually have to do it
I've been watching plenty of races on Dirtvision & Flo, mostly packed crowds, hardly anybody wearing masks
Last edited by revjimk; 8/9/20 at 2:31 PM.

2 members like this post: Ken Bonnema, oldfan49
8/9/20, 3:24 PM   #18
addictedtodirt

Those would be those unafraid to live their life as they see fit. It's because of this that you even get the comfort of watching from home. If it weren't for drivers, crew, camera crews, track personnel, safety personnel, race officials, you'd be b*thing that there's nothing to watch while hunkered down.

7 members like this post: duel, Indy1808, jim goerge, jonboat15, PIT CART, PJ Wright, skids59
8/9/20, 9:56 PM   #19
Terry Porter

Quote:
Wearing a mask is not the fix. The idea that there will never be a fix and continuing on with life is the answer. There's no cure for the common flu, no cure for AIDS, no cure for Ebola nor Sars. Hell, they can't even cure herpes nor a cold sore (all examples are viruses), and we're to believe that in the next few months the brightest scientific minds in the world will solve this problem???

And as for masks, there's no standard as what constitutes what to wear. One individual can wear a hazmat breathing apparatus and the next dude can wear a pair of pantyhose over his face and he's "covered"? Give me a break. If you can smell a fart through a mask then a virus molecule can transmit through the same mask.

But keep drinking the kool-aid if it really makes you feel better.

5 members like this post: addictedtodirt, duel, Indy1808, PIT CART, skids59
8/9/20, 11:41 PM   #20
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Porter View Post
Wearing a mask is not the fix. The idea that there will never be a fix and continuing on with life is the answer. There's no cure for the common flu, no cure for AIDS, no cure for Ebola nor Sars. Hell, they can't even cure herpes nor a cold sore (all examples are viruses), and we're to believe that in the next few months the brightest scientific minds in the world will solve this problem???

And as for masks, there's no standard as what constitutes what to wear. One individual can wear a hazmat breathing apparatus and the next dude can wear a pair of pantyhose over his face and he's "covered"? Give me a break. If you can smell a fart through a mask then a virus molecule can transmit through the same mask.

But keep drinking the kool-aid if it really makes you feel better.
Evidence from other countries says you're wrong. They haven't cured COVID, but drastically limited its spread. We have 4% of the world's population & 25% of COVID cases
Last edited by revjimk; 8/9/20 at 11:44 PM.

2 members like this post: captrat, dirtnonwingfan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smackdown - should I go?