IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Knoxville May 8
4/28/20, 8:43 PM   #1
Knoxville May 8
motorhead748

Just announced the WoO will be running there a week from Friday. Invitational & no spectators

3 members like this post: fish, i love dirt track racing, opnwhlmnd
4/29/20, 12:35 AM   #2
Re: Knoxville May 8
sp6967

i would rather go to the gentleman's club than watching them on the screen, so to speak. but i guess beggars can't be choosers.
Last edited by sp6967; 4/29/20 at 12:37 AM.

4 members like this post: dkdorkboy, duel, Indy1808, PIT CART
4/29/20, 12:49 AM   #3
flagboy55

From what I read it sounds like this is going to happen. Also I read that Dirtvision will be handing out some discounts if you sign up a couple days prior to the event. I want to support them but don’t have a good option for watching it on my tv. That’s something that’s great about Flo, through Roku they have the app, and for me it’s been nearly flawless. I know Dirtvision is working on that and I certainly look forward to it

1 member likes this post: duel
4/29/20, 1:07 PM   #4
chathamracefan

flagboy - Do you have a smart TV? If so, you may be able to dowload a TV cast or similar app on the TV that would allow you to broadcast from phone or ipad to the TV.

Roku may have a built in app for that also. I am not familiar with what Roku has available as I use a firestick. Firestick has a built in Firefox web browser app that allows me to pull up the dirtvision web page & log in & watch videos that way.

4/29/20, 3:23 PM   #5
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Not interested in supporting lockdown BS in any way.

4/29/20, 7:40 PM   #6
flagboy55

Thanks Chatham, and yes I do have smart tv’s. I didn’t find a browser on Roku but my grandson has an X-Box on one of the TV’s and I downloaded their browser app so that might work. The only problem is learning to use the game controller as the remote, I’m not a gamer

1 member likes this post: chathamracefan
4/29/20, 8:16 PM   #7
treecitytornado

They need to show it LIVE ON CBS SPORTS NETWORK!! I watched the iRacing Live on there & FS1, so they need to bring back Real Live Sprint Car Racing to TV!! THE VIEWERSHIP WOULD BE TREMENDOUS! I already tweeted it to CBS Sports, hopefully more people do it too, or call them! I may do that!

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, flagboy55, oppweld
4/29/20, 9:32 PM   #8
chathamracefan

You can try it out ahead of time. Log into your dirtvision account and pull up one of their free videos from their vault. If you get it to play you should be good to go. Save the password then you shouldn’t have to enter that each time.

Ps this is directed at flagboy

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
4/29/20, 10:04 PM   #9
sp6967

the future looks bright. finally eliminated those pesky people in the stands. the drivers are gonna love it. no more getting bothered by those pesky people for a autograph. no more of those pesky people drinking too much. no more of those pesky people missing the trash cans. no more of those pesky people leaving the bathrooms a mess. you could go an go about the problems those pesky people bring. and if those pesky people will ppv in big numbers the future will be bright.

1 member likes this post: monkeyboy
4/29/20, 10:26 PM   #10
arctic monkey21

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Thanks Chatham, and yes I do have smart tv’s. I didn’t find a browser on Roku but my grandson has an X-Box on one of the TV’s and I downloaded their browser app so that might work. The only problem is learning to use the game controller as the remote, I’m not a gamer
Xbox works with for dirtvision. I've used it a few times. Using the app with the controller is not the easiest thing, but better than watching on a computer.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Knoxville May 8