IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Looks Like Huset's might race at once this year. $100,000
4/18/20, 9:40 PM   #1
Looks Like Huset's might race at once this year. $100,000
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Just seen this article on Facebook.
Just sharing what I saw.

Looks like Huset's might race at least once this year. Doesn't matter if the track has sold or not.

https://www.keloland.com/sports/huse...id-19-pandemic

3 members like this post: AustinSprinter, chrismattlin, TNRustler
4/18/20, 11:20 PM   #2
Re: Looks Like Huset's might race at once this year. $100,00
openwheelfan1

While I certainly hope it happens, this Chuck Brennan guy is starting to sound a LOT like the guy that purchased Chandler Raceway a couple of years ago. Lotsof promises and big ideas and no performance. Yes, I know Brennan is a very successful businessman, but he has made some outrageous statements about his plans for Husets in the past two years.

There is a lot of history at Husets. I hope someone can purchase it, lease it, whatever and get it running again!

5 members like this post: erich45, jonboat15, lce, nathans1012, PJ Wright
4/21/20, 2:20 AM   #3
spot1

Race Count This Year: 45

Not gonna hold my breath for this one...………….. If they have it, heck yeah I'll go. It's only 50 from my driveway.
On the other hand, hoping to see some laps turned this coming Saturday at Park Jefferson Speedway in So. Dak. They do have a race scheduled and are working well within state set guidelines on this Wuhan Coronavirus crap. They have 410 Winged Sprints and IMCA Modified with the limit at 32 cars per class and 10 people per car. The pits will hold around 140 cars so spacing should not be an issue. They also set the limit at 700 for spectators in stands that will hold around 4000. Also, no crossovers from the pits to the stands and vice versa. We'll see how that goes. Maybe it'll get some other tracks up and going.

4/21/20, 10:56 AM   #4
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I got some swamp land to sell ya.

4/21/20, 11:32 AM   #5
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot1 View Post
Not gonna hold my breath for this one...………….. If they have it, heck yeah I'll go. It's only 50 from my driveway.
On the other hand, hoping to see some laps turned this coming Saturday at Park Jefferson Speedway in So. Dak. They do have a race scheduled and are working well within state set guidelines on this Wuhan Coronavirus crap. They have 410 Winged Sprints and IMCA Modified with the limit at 32 cars per class and 10 people per car. The pits will hold around 140 cars so spacing should not be an issue. They also set the limit at 700 for spectators in stands that will hold around 4000. Also, no crossovers from the pits to the stands and vice versa. We'll see how that goes. Maybe it'll get some other tracks up and going.
I saw where the 700 spectator tickets were sold out already

4/22/20, 7:13 PM   #6
treecitytornado

Chuck, isn't totally full of crap!! Chad Boespflug & Rico Abreu both Won 50 Grand at Badlands in 2016!! Plus there was a 100 Grand to Win, Winged show, too! Don't put Chuck, in the same category as the guy at Chandler!!!

2 members like this post: monkeyboy, nathans1012
4/23/20, 8:45 AM   #7
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
Chuck, isn't totally full of crap!! Chad Boespflug & Rico Abreu both Won 50 Grand at Badlands in 2016!! Plus there was a 100 Grand to Win, Winged show, too! Don't put Chuck, in the same category as the guy at Chandler!!!
Chuck gets crucified for how he has handled the track after he decided to leave the state, and he deserves every bit of it. However, if the ******** goes a different way and his pay-day loan business is not impacted, I am positive that we would still be racing there.

He had announced that in 2017 he was going to have a big dollar USAC sprint and midget show that I was planning on attending. Knoxville, Jackson, and Badlands had announced that they were no longer going to cross promote against each others big winged 410 shows. His track was picking up momentum. He was turning it into a destination.

3 members like this post: nathans1012, PIT CART, treecitytornado
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Looks Like Huset's might race at once this year. $100,000