IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > If you dislike IRacing, do you also dislike....
4/9/20, 5:07 PM   #1
If you dislike IRacing, do you also dislike....
Jonr

So, I have tried a couple of times to watch IRacing, and it does not capture my attention. I can see if you are the one playing them that they would be more exciting but to watch as a spectator just does not do it for me.

It got me to think about watching tape delayed races. Whenever there is a tape delayed race, it is very hard for me to watch that as well. Even if I don't know who wins, if it is not a live event, I quickly lose interest in it.

It occurred to me that both IRacing and tape delayed races both lack the sense of danger. Obviously, it IRacing there is no sense of danger. I saw a person get frustrated that they missed a transfer spot and drove their car into the wall. Obviously, this is not happening when live. The same logic applies to me and tape delayed races. With a tape delayed race, it has already happened. The danger has already lapsed.

Does anyone else feel the same?

5 members like this post: Bill Angel, duel, jim goerge, luckybuc97, mc/rider
4/9/20, 5:53 PM   #2
Re: If you dislike IRacing, do you also dislike....
TQ29m

I'd say I fit that category, maybe not for all the same reasons, but I lasted less than 10 minutes, maybe pushing 83 has something to do with it!

2 members like this post: jim goerge, sprinter31
4/9/20, 6:01 PM   #3
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

100% the same, can't get into a whole broadcast of iRacing and can't get into tape delayed races in the way I do Live.

But don't think it has anything to do with danger. For tape delay, for me it's more of it doesn't make sense to get emotionally attached because the result is already determined and I can't get into that same place as a fan.

2 members like this post: JordanBlanton, PJ Wright
4/9/20, 6:19 PM   #4
racer-x

The only race I ever watched was earlier this year when that young kid won that race and was crying on tv with mommy and daddy after he won all that money.

It affected me so bad that I promise I will not watch another Irace on tv. Just seemed like another way of WOOSIFYING the American people.

2 members like this post: PIT CART, Wingman
4/9/20, 6:31 PM   #5
Wingman

I am with you guys. When I watched I thought I was watching a cartoon.

4 members like this post: luckybuc97, PIT CART, PJ Wright, racer-x
4/9/20, 6:34 PM   #6
interpreter66

I was able to watch the world of outlaws sprint cars and late models just to see how Juan Pablo would do in a sprint car ,was pretty funny. However watching the NASCAR stock cars is too funny for me mainly because the grandstands are full of people and we know that that’s just fake!

4 members like this post: duel, i love dirt track racing, Jonr, Wingman
4/9/20, 9:37 PM   #7
Bad Dad 54

I'll watch a tape delayed race over the garbage on TV, I have 6 tapes w/ 3-4 races on them, all open wheel & non wing. Helps me get through the off season & fast forwarding through commercials & lip flapping is what I like. Those interviews after winning a race grind me, Well Mr Winner what was the key to winning the race to night, Answer? Beating those other drivers, DUUUUUH. Was that track to your liking? - Yep, went to the end of the straight away & turned left

1 member likes this post: TNRustler
4/10/20, 8:49 AM   #8
The Old Coyote

I watched two so far and that will probably be it for me.

Watching a live race with the inherent danger always lurking makes me really appreciate the competition and the show these brave folks put on.

I believe it was Hemmingway who said, "There are only three sports, mountain climbing, bull fighting and automobile racing. Everything else is just a game".

IRacing is a game.

4 members like this post: luckybuc97, skids59, sprinter31, Wingman
4/10/20, 10:33 AM   #9
flagboy55

I’m with you guys. I’ll give it a few minutes of my time if nothing else is going on but it usually loses my attention pretty quick. I tried to watch the NASCAR race one Sunday but turned it off after I saw they had all the commentators and stuff like it was a real race, for some reason it just turned me off. Another item that turned me off is I saw some were PPV. Not a chance in hell I’m paying to watch, I’ll be curious for free, but certainly not for $. And whoever mentioned cartoons I’m with you there. I have an image in my head of like Fred Flintstone and Scooby Do hanging out the side of the car’s. Actually that might make it more entertaining. I also have to agree with Jonr. All that said it looks like it would be fun to do, my son and I are looking into what it takes dollars wise for the stuff to do it.
As far as tape delays, I don’t mind it if that’s all we have. It’s nice to see what develops into the outcome, even though we might already know what that is

2 members like this post: luckybuc97, Wingman
4/10/20, 1:25 PM   #10
LB

Quote:
Originally Posted by interpreter66 View Post
I was able to watch the world of outlaws sprint cars and late models just to see how Juan Pablo would do in a sprint car ,was pretty funny. However watching the NASCAR stock cars is too funny for me mainly because the grandstands are full of people and we know that that’s just fake!
now scotty ,,,,that coming down from your years of addiction of krispy kreme and mountain dew is getting to ya ,,,

1 member likes this post: interpreter66
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > If you dislike IRacing, do you also dislike....