IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smackdown - should I go?
8/9/20, 11:49 PM   #21
Re: Smackdown - should I go?
revjimk

& don't cry "fake news". This is from FOX: https://www.fox5ny.com/news/us-has-4...onavirus-cases

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
8/10/20, 12:51 AM   #22
jim goerge

Its as easy as this either wear a mask and go or don"t go and stay home. If you don"t think you"ll be safe, stay home. I don"t know you but I"ll bet you can"t have anymore wrong with you than I have, recent Colon cancer surgery, but I"m thinking real hard bout going. I figure that if cancer hasn"t killed me yet then this dam virus isn"t going to either. Yes I"ll wear my mask and practice social distancing whatever I need to do but dammit I"m going racing!!!! As I heard in a Lynyrd Skynyrd song "When its my time to go, I"ll hold my own, You won"t find me in a old folks home" you got that right.
Last edited by jim goerge; 8/10/20 at 1:20 AM.

8/10/20, 7:08 AM   #23
addictedtodirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
Evidence from other countries says you're wrong. They haven't cured COVID, but drastically limited its spread. We have 4% of the world's population & 25% of COVID cases
You may want to read up on Sweden and how they have handled their response.

3 members like this post: duel, PIT CART, PJ Wright
8/10/20, 10:14 AM   #24
duel

In my life I have never seen our government so heavy-handed. Now we have snitches that are at an event themselfs turning in fans. People turning in people, Germany? Deaths are way down and now the testing is way up? More you test more you find. That make the percentage of dying with real numbers under qtr of 1 percent or less. These people do not want to give up their power. Yes it's a nasty respiratory flu. We have been shut down long enough. The mask thing and all this social distance stuff as far as I am concerned has gone on too long. In Michigan we had zero deaths Friday and our govenor extend her lockdown another month. I will be going to the Mile for 2 days, IRP, and 4 days at Kokomo. I will were a mask when reguired. It is tough to breath for a long peroid of time and it is not healthy to breath your own exhale. Leave it up to the individual not our government.

6 members like this post: addictedtodirt, Indy1808, jim goerge, PIT CART, PJ Wright, skids59
8/10/20, 12:00 PM   #25
JarrettFarms73

3k to win, 5k to win, 5k to win, 10k to Win!! Contingency awards, King of the Hill, BOSS/ USAC double header! Flying Toasters, Kick It For Cancer!! A makeshift town of just sprint car fans!!! All at one of the baddest tracks in America prepped by some of the best in the business. I can just about taste the cheeseburger and spicy BBQ sammich now! Woooooooo Racin’!!!

5 members like this post: duel, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, racenut69, TBONE
8/10/20, 1:14 PM   #26
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
Its as easy as this either wear a mask and go or don"t go and stay home. If you don"t think you"ll be safe, stay home. I don"t know you but I"ll bet you can"t have anymore wrong with you than I have, recent Colon cancer surgery, but I"m thinking real hard bout going. I figure that if cancer hasn"t killed me yet then this dam virus isn"t going to either. Yes I"ll wear my mask and practice social distancing whatever I need to do but dammit I"m going racing!!!! As I heard in a Lynyrd Skynyrd song "When its my time to go, I"ll hold my own, You won"t find me in a old folks home" you got that right.

First I am glad your health is on a positive track. The problem is those wearing masks are not protected from those who don't. If we would all mask up it would be a much different situation.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, oldfan49
8/10/20, 1:28 PM   #27
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Porter View Post
Wearing a mask is not the fix. The idea that there will never be a fix and continuing on with life is the answer. There's no cure for the common flu, no cure for AIDS, no cure for Ebola nor Sars. Hell, they can't even cure herpes nor a cold sore (all examples are viruses), and we're to believe that in the next few months the brightest scientific minds in the world will solve this problem???

And as for masks, there's no standard as what constitutes what to wear. One individual can wear a hazmat breathing apparatus and the next dude can wear a pair of pantyhose over his face and he's "covered"? Give me a break. If you can smell a fart through a mask then a virus molecule can transmit through the same mask.

But keep drinking the kool-aid if it really makes you feel better.
No one is saying masks are a cure, but if one understands how Covid-19 is primarily spread through the air by droplets exhaled by people then masks and social distancing are an effective way to mitigate the spread. Citing facts is not "drinking Kool-aid", but basing one's behavior on unsubstantiated anecdotal information and wishful thinking that endangers others is.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, oldfan49, racenut69
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smackdown - should I go?