IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > If you dislike IRacing, do you also dislike....
4/10/20, 3:38 PM   #11
Re: If you dislike IRacing, do you also dislike....
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

The Old Coyote got it right......It's just a game. And not many live games happening on TV right now. So give the networks credit for promoting their brands. If this game will draw younger fans and racers into the sport, then more power to them. Wonder what the average age of Indiana Open Wheel members is.

Sure sounded good listening to Johnny Gibson call the WoO dirt races on Fox Sports 1 national TV. And Kevin Swindell sounded pretty excited after winning the Knoxville iRacing feature. Same with Robert Wickens last weekend.

Here's the TV racings from Bristol last weekend. Someone must be watching.

April 5, 2020
Bristol Motor Speedway
NASCAR iRacing Series
Rating: 0.81 rating
Viewers: 1.179 million
Network: FS1/FOX

1 member likes this post: TNRustler
4/10/20, 4:08 PM   #12
cornerthree

Can't watch it, no dirt in my beer> I have a
hard time watch live racing on line. The amount of down time is really amazing. At the track you have your friend to talk to.

2 members like this post: luckybuc97, motorhead748
4/10/20, 6:43 PM   #13
IndianaSprintFan

I’m not very entertained and haven’t set down to watch for anymore than 10 min at a time I don’t think but I don’t mind listening to it for some background noise. That being said I think it’s a great thing. Good for sponsors and I would like to think if the ratings are very good at all it could lead to some live events thru FS1. Never know

2 members like this post: dstensland, opnwhlmnd
4/11/20, 1:00 PM   #14
revjimk

I'm not interested either, but I'm OK with tape delay. OBVIOUSLY not as good as live!
Not into video games at all (old fart), but those simulators they sometimes have at the track are a ton'o fun. I'm awful, wreck constantly, can't stop laughing. The young kids are great at it.
You can wreck without getting hurt.... but try getting out of the thing! I actually injured myself at Perris, tried to get out butt first (What was I thinking?!?) It started tipping over, operator grabbed it so it wouldn't fall on me. I grabbed the roll bar, tore my bicep when my whole weight yanked on it....
Talk about self inflicted....

4/11/20, 10:01 PM   #15
sp6967

i decided to give iracing a look. that's a hour of my life i won't get back.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97
4/12/20, 6:04 AM   #16
motorhead748

I seldom will watch any TV and that includes any racing, for me too much is lost. At the track racing attacks all of your senses, you can see it, feel it, smell it and sometimes taste it. I set a reminder on my phone to watch the first. WoO irace from Charlotte. It did nothing for me. But if it would spark some interest in a new fan it’s good.

1 member likes this post: racer-x
4/14/20, 2:35 PM   #17
jim goerge

I"d rather watch my grass grow. I think much more interesting

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, racenut69, TQ29m
4/14/20, 5:37 PM   #18
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

I played with iRacing a little bit. I'll say this it's different. Other then being at the track and watching a race in person it's pretty realistic as far as how each car handles with the track conditions and changing set ups. Wearing a head set and communicating with other folks it can get pretty intense. I've seen folks start sweating after gripping the steering wheel so tightly and trying to concentrate. It's not as easy as one might thing having never played.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > If you dislike IRacing, do you also dislike....