IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tech question - Beadlock vs. Non-beadlock wheels
3/6/20, 11:36 AM   #1
Tech question - Beadlock vs. Non-beadlock wheels
TCR57

Opinions on the use of beadlock vs. non-beadlock wheels? Pros / cons? I'm leaning toward a switch to non-beadlock, at least on the fronts and maybe left rear as well... for those who do run them how well do they hold up with incidental contact? Is the risk to pop off the bead significantly increased compared to beadlock wheels?

3/6/20, 12:05 PM   #2
motorhead748

It’s been more than a few years ago but I ran a car 20 yr and never had them on the front & no problem. But always had them on the rear. Non wing I’d be open to try them on the LR. But it won’t bite you until you’re running up front!! LOL!!
I have seen cars qualify at Knoxville nationals with no RR beadlock. Quality only.

3/6/20, 3:08 PM   #3
Chris Baue

No bead locks on our fronts. Lighter weight 😎

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
3/8/20, 4:46 AM   #4
Re: Tech question - Beadlock vs. Non-beadlock wheels
Bill84

Race Count This Year: 17
Race Count Last Year: 13

I don't run beadlocks on the front, but I do run a mud cover on both right side wheels. Lost a couple of feature races due to mud getting in my RF wheel, making it impossible to hold on the track.

Bill

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tech question - Beadlock vs. Non-beadlock wheels