IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 602 non wing setup advice?
4/17/21, 11:46 PM   #1
602 non wing setup advice?
Wabanawingless

first year in sprint car racing . I will be running with a lower HP (400) non wing series.
was wondering if anyone would be willing to share a good starting point (baseline setup). 17 triple x chassis 87-40 raised rail wedge car. current bars/shocks in the car LF1000 shock 4 RF 1050 shock 5/4 RR 1025 shock 5 LR 1000 shock 4/9. any help at all with torsion bar choices blocking height turns in or out on the jacks Jacobs latter (3 hole option) rear trailing arm bars (upper and lower mounts for left and right) any info you are willing to share would be greatly appreciated weather its very detailed or very vague ill take anything . it is a lower hp car and the websites I go to for setups are for 360 410s. tracks are 3/8 semi banked (approximately 10-15 degree banking) usually track conditions average/slick to slick in features top speeds of 75-80 mph. also I bought a 53 axle to put in it and am wondering when I center the front axle do I offset it to the right or left at all or true center. do I need to buy non wing bird cages to get ride heights I want or will wing bird cages work. and as a driver will the car feel loose as they drive with the rear end of the car? will I be braking on corner entry? lift and throw the car in ? again I know its a lot of questions any info would be greatly appreciated

4/18/21, 11:36 AM   #2
Lead6

Go on xxx chassis website they have basic set ups you can use
this gets you in ball park, racers like to keep their cards close to their
vest, you get to track guys will prob help, especially if your struggling,
Good luck

4/18/21, 6:42 PM   #3
Drew Tarr

My first Sprint car was a xxx. Their standard car (winged car) is very stiff. I had never driven anything else but it, and had no frame of reference to compare it with. I fought an evil handling car blindly, as I knew no different. The best thing you can do is put an experienced driver in the seat to help you set the car up. Had I done this I would have saved a ton of time trying to learn how to drive while fighting a car that was not cooperating. When I got into a different car, it was a tremendously different experience. I developed some bad habits that were hard to break from dealing with a less than ideal setup. I like the xxx concept and cost, but the wing version on a dry slick track was hard to deal with. Perhaps the new non wing version is easier to setup for a less than expert?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 602 non wing setup advice?