IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > War series
6/23/20, 9:37 PM   #21
Re: War series
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd View Post
Love it. I'm coming on a website spewing misinformation but someone with a total of two posts now and who joined just to defend POWRi says I'm wrong. It's possible I could be slightly wrong he may be a retired janitor/custodian at Anheuser-Busch by now. Some of my best friends have worked at Anheuser-Busch for many years and I know this to be a true fact.

If you check my join date pal I've been on this site since 2008.
Whats your join date have to do with anything? Just cuz you have been here for a while don"t mean you"re always right. Not looking to argue I just don"t see your point there. Plus every time I"ve talked with Kenny Brown he"s always been nice and talked like he"s known me for awhile

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
6/23/20, 9:43 PM   #22
DSchuett

Quote:
Love it. I'm coming on a website spewing misinformation but someone with a total of two posts now and who joined just to defend POWRi says I'm wrong. It's possible I could be slightly wrong he may be a retired janitor/custodian at Anheuser-Busch by now. Some of my best friends have worked at Anheuser-Busch for many years and I know this to be a true fact.

If you check my join date pal I've been on this site since 2008.
I’m also Kenny Brown’s son in law. So regardless of how many posts I have, I might just know a little bit more than you on this topic. And keep talking like you have all the info, because it’s becoming very obvious to those that do know, that you don’t. Good luck!

6/23/20, 9:48 PM   #23
opnwhlmnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
Whats your join date have to do with anything? Just cuz you have been here for a while don"t mean you"re always right. Not looking to argue I just don"t see your point there. Plus every time I"ve talked with Kenny Brown he"s always been nice and talked like he"s known me for awhile
He accused me of coming on a forum to say something which I took as he thought I joined just to say what I wanted to say. Next time I'll PM my post to you for approval before hitting submit button.

I realize POWRi is coming to Haubstadt soon and you have to talk nice about him.

6/23/20, 9:57 PM   #24
opnwhlmnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSchuett View Post
I’m also Kenny Brown’s son in law. So regardless of how many posts I have, I might just know a little bit more than you on this topic. And keep talking like you have all the info, because it’s becoming very obvious to those that do know, that you don’t. Good luck!
We were just talking about your father-in-law at Wente's bar in Chesterfield last week. Heard some interesting stories and opinions good and bad. Was even hearing jokes about a custodian running a racing series.

7/27/20, 8:46 PM   #25
Jonr

The saga continues. WAR went head to head with USAC's Midwest wingless springs this weekend. WAR had 6 contestants while the Midwest group had 24. I may be wrong, but I still think location plays into account. WAR was at Monet Speedway roughly 3 hours from KC, but Midwest was at Central Missouri Speedway roughly an hour from KC.

7/27/20, 11:14 PM   #26
oldfan49

The USAC group makes a point to schedule on top of WAR and taken a few WAR venues. There are not enough cars and it seems many are pissed at POWRI. WAR was starting to progress more and more east anyway, there were not many KC area races last year. I can see WAR moving to being Illinois based, (not sure of the status of the POWRI Iowa Sprint Car League they were working with), leaving western Mo/KS to the USAC group. That's the only way I see it working.
Not sure if they are willing to work with Valley Speedway on their weekly/ biweekly sprint car show (Valley is POWRI now and has cancelled a lot of their shows for sprints since this started)
Last edited by oldfan49; 7/27/20 at 11:16 PM. Reason: forgot a word

3 members like this post: luckybuc97, sprinter31, Steve Wendel
7/29/20, 12:30 PM   #27
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 85

Quote:
Kenny Brown is a janitor at Anheuser-Busch in St Louis who also happens to own POWRi.
Gee, seems to me you have a personal vendetta against Kenny Brown. Whatever job he holds outside of running POWRi should not make any difference. Even if he is a janitor at Anheuser-Busch are you saying that all janitors are dumb and can't do any else???

In my opinion Kenny Brown overall has done a fine job with running POWRi and gives the fans of Illinois and westward other opportunities to watch midgets and non-winged sprint cars than having to travel to Indiana to watch USAC events. Yes, before you say it I know USAC runs other places besides Indiana but their base is the Hoosier state and most of their schedule is there. I would think a race fan would be delighted to have choices of where to go and possibly catch open wheel racing closer to home for them. I have dealt with Kenny Brown via email numerous times and have only been treated with professionalism and a quick response in all my dealings. My wife and I have attended scores of POWRi races especially midgets and have enjoyed each and every one of them as much as USAC or any other series in the country.

If you think you can do a better job running WAR then why don't you step up and offer to run the series and see how you do with it!!!

Bruce Eckel

7/29/20, 12:42 PM   #28
sprinter31

Bring back the WAR Wildcard, Illinois need some non wing racing! Tired of traveling 5 hours to race LOL. OR dust of the wings.

3 members like this post: oppweld, Steve Wendel, WinglessLovers
7/29/20, 1:49 PM   #29
greenupracing20

Second vote for bring back the wildcard series to Centeral - Northern Illinois

5 members like this post: oppweld, spicoli, sprinter31, Steve Wendel, WinglessLovers
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > War series