IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Impact Race Products / SFI
3/26/10, 3:35 PM   #1
Impact Race Products / SFI
sprintcar64

Got this notification today.

http://www.nationalspeedsportnews.com/node.php?id=2991

http://www.sfifoundation.com/
Last edited by sprintcar64; 3/26/10 at 3:39 PM.

3/26/10, 4:10 PM   #2
Re: Impact
itsanonwingthing

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 51

Just got the NSSN E-mail. Lot of drivers using Impact Eqiupment!!

3/26/10, 4:15 PM   #3
Seadog

That's pretty big. I always thought that Bill Simpson got a raw deal with the Earnhart thing. Now, who knows? Interesting...

3/26/10, 4:56 PM   #4
STIDA.com

Race Count This Year: 9

As our wonderful VP of the United States would say. "This is a big F****** Deal"

3/26/10, 4:59 PM   #5
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

That some serious stuff. Anyone using this stuff could be in harms way.

3/26/10, 5:01 PM   #6
sborden93

Race Count This Year: 5
Race Count Last Year: 17

I use all impact equipment and my arm restraints and underwear fall under the effected equipment. Why would someone put counterfeit SFI labels on safety equipment?

3/26/10, 5:49 PM   #7
darnall

TOward the end of last season a story broke about impact labeling uncertified products...I called Impact and they said the only issue was on their SFI 15 drag racing suits....said all of the SFI 5 oval stuff was fully certified and A o.k....

Guess I need to read this story and see whassup now..

3/26/10, 7:43 PM   #8
sprntr

I wonder if they don't have to pay a "royalty" payment for each tag they use & that this wasn't a scam to avoid paying those payments.
Considering all that Bill Simpson has done to make racing safer, I can't imagine him selling an unsafe product.
How active IS Bill in the day-to-day at Impact?
Though it probably doesn't matter since this will kill IMPACT.
Last edited by sprntr; 3/26/10 at 7:45 PM.

3/26/10, 8:29 PM   #9
TQ29m

Lots a Impact stuff in Nascar, wonder if they'll pull it all out before tomorrow, course them boyz can afford it, so it's not a big deal to them! Bob

3/26/10, 9:02 PM   #10
sprinter25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprntr View Post
I wonder if they don't have to pay a "royalty" payment for each tag they use & that this wasn't a scam to avoid paying those payments.
Considering all that Bill Simpson has done to make racing safer, I can't imagine him selling an unsafe product.
How active IS Bill in the day-to-day at Impact?
Though it probably doesn't matter since this will kill IMPACT.

According to the SFI link provided in thr original post, SFI sells the certification patches to Impact as part of their agreement with Impact. The fact that Impact appears to have bought patches elsewhere brings two thoughts to light....

1) Impact equipment meet SFI standards, but they were saving a few bucks on the patches......

or...

2) Impact was utilizing illegal SFI patches because their equipment DOES NOT MEET the standards as agreed to in their agreement with SFI.

Now, I don't know what Impact was doing; but I'd love to see a press release from Bill Simpson. He's been the face of Impact from the start of the company. I don't know that anyone else from Impact offering a rebuttal or denial would be credible. SFI would not publish this release and announce the decertification of Impact without clearly understanding the legal ramifications to their company. It looks to me that their reputation is on the line here, as is Impact's....for now, I'm placing my money on SFI. But I'm willing to wait for Impact's response....

And I don't think I'd allow my driver to wear Impact gear until this matter is cleared up.....
Last edited by sprinter25; 3/26/10 at 9:06 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Impact Race Products / SFI