IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Honest Abe Roofing Winged Mavericks Sprint Car Series
9/15/23, 1:20 PM   #21
Re: Honest Abe Roofing Winged Mavericks Sprint Car Series
deadhorse30

The fans are going to make or break this series, not the teams. There are plenty of wing teams in the Indy area and with a purse like that, teams will travel a little.

4 members like this post: bighd0522, Blitzman, flagboy55, oppweld
9/15/23, 3:26 PM   #22
WingedFan2019

Race Count This Year: 9
Race Count Last Year: 49

I’ll definitely be attending as many of these shows as possible. Will be nice to have more winged racing in Indiana. Pull some USAC/non wing guys and see if they can keep up!

2 members like this post: dkdorkboy, PIT CART
9/15/23, 6:58 PM   #23
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhorse30 View Post
There are plenty of wing teams in the Indy area and with a purse like that, teams will travel a little.
Who are all the wing teams in the Indy area that dont race with WoO or the All Stars etc?

Asking for a friend......

9/15/23, 7:35 PM   #24
brown11b

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhorse30 View Post
The fans are going to make or break this series, not the teams. There are plenty of wing teams in the Indy area and with a purse like that, teams will travel a little.
As someone just said most of the wing teams in Indy area are already out on tour with WoO & ASCOC.

Circle City tried to make themselves Indiana's wing track and could not get any car count to support it.

I hope this works out, and wish Kevin the best of luck with it, but think it will take several seasons of funding to get anything going.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
9/16/23, 12:08 PM   #25
opnwhlmnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
I’m happy to be the state of Sprint Car racing, the way God created them
If "god" created a sprint car without a wing why did he realize his/her mistake and create a wing for them?

9/16/23, 1:07 PM   #26
captrat

Oh yeah let's divide the competitor base and fan dollars even further. Will work in the self-interest of a few, but doubt it will serve the overall health of Sprint car racing in a positive way. The alphabet is already suffering from overload!

7 members like this post: Aurora78, billw, duel, flagboy55, PAW, sp6967, TQ97
9/16/23, 1:34 PM   #27
flagboy55

God created wings on birds, satan on sprint cars

3 members like this post: duel, Hustlin-Hoosier, RedRacer07
9/16/23, 4:04 PM   #28
Nobody

Would everyone with the negative comments just shut up…. Quit ********!

Somebody comes along to help the sport and build something and people cant do anything but ***** and moan, except for Hayden.

Im nobody but a dad. I have raced since the age of 9. Raced sprint cars way back in the day. I raced non wing mostly but also raced wing too, not only dirt but pavement too wing and non wing.

My kid Shane O’Banion races sprint cars. We raced a year and a half non wing 410, a year and a half with a 305 RaceSaver, and now were racing wing 410 and he loves it! We have to frickin travel a minimum of 3.5 hours to race anywhere and have had to also travel 12.5 hours a few times this year. It sucks but it is what it is. We dont ***** or whine about it. We enjoy wing 410 racing and really appreciate Kevin Newton for this amazing opportunity to race close to home and growing the sport of sprint car racing for fans and racers too. I bet you there will be a lot of non wing guys giving wing racing a shot. Paragon, Bloomington, and Warsaw was my shot for wing racing way back in the day and the sport was frickin awesome!

Kevin Newton and Honest Abe Roofing I thank you from the bottom of my heart for what you have done to make our sport better in the state of Indiana!!!

Jeff “Auggie” O’Banion. aka nobody…

9/16/23, 4:14 PM   #29
The Old Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd View Post
If "god" created a sprint car without a wing why did he realize his/her mistake and create a wing for them?
Maybe it wasn't God who created the Winged Sprint Car

9/16/23, 4:17 PM   #30
The Old Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
God created wings on birds, satan on sprint cars
Sorry, flagboy55, I responded to opwhlmnd before I read your post.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Honest Abe Roofing Winged Mavericks Sprint Car Series