IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > WoO At Kokomo and Haubstadt
2/23/21, 12:41 PM   #1
WoO At Kokomo and Haubstadt
openwheelfan1

World of Outlaws NOS Sprint cars just announced a two night IN swing, Friday April 9 at Kokomo and Saturday April 10 at Tri-State Speedway. I know, its wings and nobody cares, but IMO, these are two GREAT Indiana tracks that have historically had very good WoO races. Hopefully the weather will cooperate!

2/23/21, 1:39 PM   #2
Re: WoO At Kokomo and Haubstadt
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 1
Race Count Last Year: 22

I care, WoO always puts on great show at TSS!!

2/23/21, 1:53 PM   #3
JarrettFarms73

Due to the number of cars that have cleared the fence and landed outside the racing surface at both of these facilities, maybe they should consider making them invitational only events....

Seriously though, i hope to make at least one. Wonder if Holiday World is open that weekend?

3 members like this post: flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, jim goerge
2/23/21, 2:31 PM   #4
SScott7

This is me speaking as a sprint car fan, but I’d love to see a WoO and MSCS Double header at haubstadt. Be interesting to see if any of the wing guys take the wing off like Shane Stewart had done a few years ago. But once again just my racing geek opinion 🤓

2/23/21, 2:47 PM   #5
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

8 NEW EVENTS ADDED IN PLACE OF WEST COAST SWING
Volusia Speedway, East Bay Raceway, Cotton Bowl Speedway, US 36 Raceway, Lake Ozark Speedway, Federated Auto Parts Raceway at I-55, Kokomo Speedway, and Tri State Speedway

Article
https://www.worldofoutlaws.com/sprin...254QuhE4SA590o

-Friday, March 5 – Volusia Speedway Park
-Saturday, March 6 – East Bay Raceway Park
-Friday, March 12 – Magnolia Motor Speedway
-Saturday, March 13 – The Rev
-Friday & Saturday, March 19-20 – Cotton Bowl Speedway
-Friday, March 26 – U.S. 36 Raceway
-Saturday, March 27 – Lake Ozark Speedway
-Friday & Saturday, April 2-3 – Federated Auto Parts Raceway at I-55
-Friday, April 9 – Kokomo Speedway
-Saturday, April 10 – Tri-State Speedway
Last edited by nathans1012; 2/23/21 at 2:51 PM.

2/23/21, 2:56 PM   #6
JarrettFarms73

Quote:
Originally Posted by SScott7 View Post
This is me speaking as a sprint car fan, but I’d love to see a WoO and MSCS Double header at haubstadt. Be interesting to see if any of the wing guys take the wing off like Shane Stewart had done a few years ago. But once again just my racing geek opinion 🤓
It would be great to see. If memory serves, the only wing guy to go for the doubler prize money at Kokomo last year was Paul Nienhiser as a teammate to Chase Stockon. All the other double entrants were non wing guys putting the wing on. Never hurts to hope! Maybe someday!

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, jim goerge
2/23/21, 3:45 PM   #7
flagboy55

Well that’s what I call making lemonade when life gives you lemons! I also like many of you prefer wingless but love Sprint Cars in any form. I was a bit taken aback by the fact when the schedule came out this year for the Outlaws that these 2 tracks weren’t on it. Let’s face the obvious, these two tracks produce some of the best Sprint Car racing there is regardless of discipline and should never be left off a schedule of a premier dirt track sanction. I applaud the Outlaws for correcting a serious oversight and both these tracks for bailing them out again like they did last year. I’m also going to thank the states who’s stupidly towards their handling of the Wuhan virus has given Indiana a chance to set up a lemonade stand

2/23/21, 6:17 PM   #8
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarrettFarms73 View Post
Due to the number of cars that have cleared the fence and landed outside the racing surface at both of these facilities, maybe they should consider making them invitational only events....

Seriously though, i hope to make at least one. Wonder if Holiday World is open that weekend?
Tom actually doubled the height of the boiler plate retaining wall over the winter. Hopefully that helps a little with corralling cars. Hardest working track owner/promoter in the country without a doubt.

2/23/21, 6:49 PM   #9
interpreter66

Thank you California 🖕

5 members like this post: chrismattlin, flagboy55, PIT CART, racenut69, Rich Mersereau
2/23/21, 7:16 PM   #10
miledirt

That two night show at lil Eldora at I-55 will be good

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > WoO At Kokomo and Haubstadt