IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Steel Block Now-Wing. Steel Block Sprints Assoc. Indiana
1/6/21, 5:16 PM   #31
Re: Steel Block Now-Wing. Steel Block Sprints Assoc. Indiana
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

We will have several shows at Thunder Valley in Salem Indiana and Twin Cities in North Vernon Indiana the payout is 500 to win 100 to start 75 for non transfer ..,. dates and times will be posted as soon as the Scheduled is complete ..
Any questions call Billy at 765-720-0818 or Dave at 574-847-4012....
Please put your name and car # on here so we have an idea of how many cars.. we need this information to pass on to the promoter.. Thanks...

5 members like this post: jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, Leohr46, PJ Wright, tirespinner
1/6/21, 5:25 PM   #32
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

The 2 tracks in Question are Thunder Valley Speedway in Salem Indiana they will cover the Friday night race's and Twin City's Speedway in North Vernon Indiana on Saturday's....the schedule will be out soon

4/28/21, 7:27 PM   #33
Hammer

Steel block series is running Friday night April 30 at Salem Thunder Valley speedway and Saturday May 1 at North Vernon Twin Cities speedway. Sprints with steel blocks paying $500 to win. I really hope they have a good turn out of cars and great safe racing. This is a great chance for the small budget teams to race with guys in they're league and have fun. Good Luck Greg Baer

4/28/21, 10:58 PM   #34
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
IDK if this story is true, but I have heard it a couple of times.

During the height of the IMCA motor claiming days, someone asked Ted Johnson if could ever see a day where the WOO would have an engine claim. Ted said no, but said he would be open to having a claim rule for the race trailers.
He said it at a Knoxville Nationals press conference. I was there. I would guess it was in the late 90s, but I could be off a few years.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
4/30/21, 1:08 AM   #35
jim goerge

Sounds like it could be a blast A retired driver (me) might even unretire. lol One more question Will the beer be on ice already?
Last edited by jim goerge; 4/30/21 at 1:10 AM.

4 members like this post: davidm, Hustlin-Hoosier, nathans1012, tirespinner
4/30/21, 2:09 PM   #36
JHarris

Is Salem Thunder Valley still on for tonight?

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
5/7/21, 2:33 PM   #37
JHarris

Where are we going to find results on a consistent basis. Have not found North Vernon results yet. Maybe I'm not looking in the correct place.

1 member likes this post: Ken Bonnema
5/7/21, 11:33 PM   #38
Hammer

Go to the very first post on this posting and you'll see the Facebook link for the steel block series there.

5/12/21, 9:14 PM   #39
Hammer

The steel block series will be in action this Friday May 14th at Thunder Valley speedway Salem Indiana and Twin Cities speedway North Vernon Indiana Saturday May 15th. Rules are simple, any nonwing sprint car with a steel block engine. 305s, crate, 360s, 410s, carbed or injected welcome.

5 members like this post: 95KART, Chief29, jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, nathans1012
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Steel Block Now-Wing. Steel Block Sprints Assoc. Indiana