IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Windom
11/20/20, 10:07 AM   #41
Agentry10

Us hillbillies from ky dont know how to read or write but we get our point across 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

11/20/20, 12:13 PM   #42
berks co

I agree LAST lap it’s no rules go for it but it has to be the last lap, not the first lap

2 members like this post: Blackduce, chrismattlin
11/20/20, 1:45 PM   #43
flagboy55

Eric, you make a point about the race but the title of this thread is Windom, not Kofoid and Larson. So that’s why we’re discussing it. I’m the biggest USAC apologist there is. No other racing series I would rather spend my money on. That’s not to say they’re perfect, no one is. I love Flo too. But it is kinda fishy that the camera missed it and the full replay was not available last night when I went to watch it. Let’s face it, if Big Daddy intentionally spun out Ricky, it’s unacceptable, regardless of what circumstances are

11/20/20, 3:22 PM   #44
Re: Windom
Will Shunk

What goes around, comes around. Not sure what goals Big Daddy has, but episodes like Williams Grove and Bakersfield will weigh heavily on those hiring at the next level. Add to that, he took out a top level shoe with MANY connections at higher levels of our sport. Many eyes are on USAC midgets for talent, so this incident's impact may live on long after the crown is anointed.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, spicoli
11/20/20, 3:51 PM   #45
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I got nothing against Chris. Seen him do amazing things in all three divisions as well as about five or six other drivers on the USAC trails. Also seen a lot of dirty crap. Some intentional, some not by most of em. But it's also a series that comes down to one point or a tie on final nights or four having a shot on the final night for the championship.

I say wow just wow and it's a testament to how hard it is to win one championship. let alone a triple crown.

Of the top five or six Usac drivers I have to say Bacon is the cleanest, Stockon and Ballou as well. Kinda not liking how a few of the guys are racing but won't question their talent.

11/20/20, 6:05 PM   #46
kinser

Of the top five or six Usac drivers I have to say Bacon is the cleanest, Stockon and Ballou as well. Kinda not liking how a few of the guys are racing but won't question their talent.[/QUOTE]

I’ve seen Bacon feed quite a few people a right rear also. It’s a good thing a lot of these guys are racing today and not 20 years ago. Back then there would be quite a few of them missing teeth and wearing black eyes.

11/20/20, 7:09 PM   #47
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboat15 View Post
I remember Jack Hewitt saving Butlers hide from a butt kickin back in the day due to contact on the track.
If I remember right, nasty slide job on Bill Rose, with Rose going out of the ball park between 3 and 4 at Terra Haute. I really think that had Hewitt not put Butler on his 4 wheeler and got him away from that crowd, they would have beaten him badly. That was not the first bad slider Steve had tried.

1 member likes this post: jonboat15
11/20/20, 7:47 PM   #48
Bayless74

Yep, remember that well... and Butler retired.
Last edited by Bayless74; 11/21/20 at 10:52 AM.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, kinser
11/20/20, 8:04 PM   #49
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Running in and just dumping a guy is BS for anything.
If you can throw it in deep and you can get to someone's side it's all fair game and what happens happens.
But if you have to wreck someone outright.. it wasn't your day.and in this case it wasn't your year.
But be doesn't mind to be a chicken squat champion. He keeps it up, he'll eventually find someone to dot his eye.

4 members like this post: bighd0522, jim goerge, Mofiaboss, sc17x
11/20/20, 8:11 PM   #50
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

I just want to make a position clear, if you are talking about a locked down track then IMO the rules change.
It's still chicken to drive in from 4 car lengths back and wipe someone out.
But if they let you get close enough to their bumper to just go in a little deep; then contact to the bumper that moves a guy out of the rubber is fair game.
Line is crossed when you go in so deep you cant make the corner either.

Yes, split second decisions and those cars are hard to drive... But these guys are the best so I expect the best hard fought but fair racing.

(Some folks don't think fair is a thing)
Last edited by brsteg; 11/20/20 at 8:57 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Windom