IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Windom
11/18/20, 9:35 PM   #21
Re: Windom
jim goerge

Lets just face it, They all do it just some are more noticeable than others. Back in my day if you did some of these moves you got a black eye or a bloody nose from Mr. Bob Kinser or Mr. Jack Hewitt.
Last edited by jim goerge; 11/23/20 at 8:19 PM.

11/18/20, 10:00 PM   #22
Bayless74

He is one of the (many) reasons I don’t care to go to races anymore. $$ has ruined this sport along with most of the other pastimes today. Call me old, old fashioned, intolerant or whatever you want.

11/18/20, 10:41 PM   #23
flagboy55

94, don’t be coming to races out here without notice! Back to the topic. Does anyone think this move was not intentional? Here’s where I need some help from some of my veteran race fans. As I’ve mentioned before, what I’ve been respectively told, in USAC, there’s no penalty for contact. Seems to me I remember Steve Butler getting penalized for contact. Different administration now, so maybe rules are different. To me, contact is different than a dump, but that’s just me

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
11/19/20, 8:04 AM   #24
jonboat15

I remember Jack Hewitt saving Butlers hide from a butt kickin back in the day due to contact on the track.

3 members like this post: CRA91, jim goerge, wallbanger II
11/19/20, 9:30 AM   #25
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

Wasn't Ballou's first trip to the penalty box due to "Avoidable Contact"?

11/19/20, 1:10 PM   #26
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd View Post
Chris doesn't come to the track to make friends ... he brings his own.

For anyone to watch midget racing the last couple years and single out only Chris for questionable moves obviously has an issue with just Chris. The whole division right now is wham bam style.

No mention of Seavey driving in straight to take out Grant on the last lap of their heat. Yes Grant banged him earlier to pass but so did many others through out the night and whole season. The Chili Bowl racing style has come to all midget events now.

Congrats Chris Windom on joining the triple crown club. Well played.
Agree with you about midget racing being wham bam style the last few years which to me is because of the newer generation of drivers who do not have the respect for other drivers or others equipment. The reason people are calling out Windom is the fact that he deliberately rammed the rear end of Stenhouse Jr to spin him out and gain the one position he needed to grab the point championship by one point. To me to win the championship by those means indeed makes the prize hollow and tarnished. When you spin someone out in the front end of the field you are endangering anyone racing behind you & this is unacceptable. A good punch in the nose here and there would eliminate this practice and since there is no penalty for contact it should be overlooked also. No congratulations to Chris Windom on his midget title and triple crown achievements from this corner!!!

11/19/20, 1:35 PM   #27
ISF

Just a bit of speculation from a bleacher jockey here, but, had Steve Buckwalter been allowed access to within arms distance of Windom last year at Williams Grove he (Windom) may well have developed a much different perspective on whether to make the type of move that he made on Stenhouse at Bakersfield.
Last edited by ISF; 11/19/20 at 1:36 PM.

11/19/20, 3:03 PM   #28
Agentry10

I am going to say this and may step on people's toes but it is what it is my family and I now have been in sprint car racing a very long time the whole atmosphere has even changed people used to want to do the right thing and be a racing family and help how ever is needed but it is so sad and will eventually kill the sport that teams with money come in and think they are the next super star and that goes all the way back to Gordon so I have been told the racing community used to have a few bad apples now it has a few good people and teams with big money are here one day and gone the next and bring all the bad piss poor attitude with them but it seems to linger even when they are gone and we as a team have been giggled at and some have said stuff like we dont belong there but the funny part we dont have to have someone to spoon feed the little guy he always manages to rise above and keep moving and when they miss the shows and the little guy cruises right on by it's worth every once of blood and sweat you pour into it and with that being said when all the big dollars dry up racing will come back and rise from the ashes and then racing will once be what it was once again

11/19/20, 7:37 PM   #29
opnwhlmnd

You are a driver it's the last lap and you may have only this one chance in your career to join the USAC Triple Crown list of course you are going to do whatever you have to do to get there. I would say most in the field would do the same thing in that situation.

People may not like it but one thing history will say is Chris Windom USAC Triple Crown winner.

5 members like this post: Blackduce, chrismattlin, fish, jonboat15, ROSS
11/19/20, 9:08 PM   #30
flagboy55

Well he still can absolve himself from his egregious act by taking a night off at Merced

4 members like this post: Adolph, jonboat15, MBoersma, spicoli
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Windom