IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Al Consoli (Offline)
  #1 3/15/23 12:18 PM
I have recently found some of my old negatives and have been trying to copy them. Here is one of Hall of Fame driver, Mitch Smith from Williams Grove. Carl Williams is in the Tobias #17. Mitch did not go over but bounced down hard and into the guard rail.

26 Likes: Andrew S. Quinn, bart, BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, cowboyhar69, erich45, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, itsanonwingthing, jonboat15, K92, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, mc/rider, motorhead748, openwheelfan1, oppweld, racinrandy221, Rapid Rick, Rcar, rmr6nm, SOROKACH35FAN, tirespinner, TNRustler, wallbanger II, WinglessLovers
jonboat15 (Offline)
  #2 3/15/23 12:55 PM
Pennsylvania's original Mr. Excitement. Thanks Al.
3 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #3 3/15/23 2:46 PM
Stacks, grills shoulders and elbows and thought out paint jobs with clear sponsor lettered on.

GOD I MISS THIS! The racing at times may be as good as ever. THE AESTHETICS SUCK!!

Charles Nungester
4 Likes: Igo-Ono, PIT CART, streetglider, WinglessLovers
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #4 3/15/23 5:41 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Stacks, grills shoulders and elbows and thought out paint jobs with clear sponsor lettered on.

GOD I MISS THIS! The racing at times may be as good as ever. THE AESTHETICS SUCK!!
I’ll second that. Today’s cars are really ugly. Worst part is they all think they have to look the same. Not one team tries to be different and actually make a car I like the looks of. I actually don’t go as much because of it.
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, Hustlin-Hoosier, oppweld
Rapid Rick (Offline)
  #5 3/15/23 6:27 PM
Carl Williams drove in a couple Indianapolis 500's if I remember correctly.
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, Hustlin-Hoosier, tirespinner