IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > An apology to Kimb Stewart/Thanks to Brad Dickison
6/23/12, 10:51 AM   #1
An apology to Kimb Stewart/Thanks to Brad Dickison
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

A few days ago during the Putnamville race, I posted on here about two of the super stock drivers and it being "their first races of the year at putnamville" I made a comment in jest on here and left it at that. Turns out that the two drivers in question failed to fill out information cards for the announcers, and it made it seem as if it was the first race of the season for both, since they had yet to fill one out.

Being an announcer, we are pretty much perfectionists, and I understand that it upset her as she made an honest mistake and i had absolutely no right to make a comment about it on here, or in general. Kimb is in a position that most announcers would absolutely die to be in. She is one of the most well respected, revered, and renowned announcers in the nation. Theres a reason she is where she is, and it is all of the hard work, preparation, and knowledge she has about the sport.

I am doing my absolute best to clean up my image, and make myself a better person, and saying what I said on Thursday night, showed an absolute lack of class and respect on my part. I also want to thank Brad Dickison for talking to me at length last night. I appreciate everything he said, as he and Pat are two of the main reasons I wanted to get into announcing, growing up at Bloomington Speedway, listening to them growing up.

So to Kimb, I sincerely apologize, and to Brad, thank you so much for the kind words last night at Bloomington

3 members like this post: fish, illiniopenwheel, jim goerge
6/23/12, 11:42 AM   #2
Re: An apology to Kimb Stewart/Thanks to Brad Dick
smith19

chris, no disrespect to the other announcers but you grew up listening to the best in the buisness at brownstown. there's not a guy on the planet that know's more than james essex...

2 members like this post: 38DD, bigq11
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > An apology to Kimb Stewart/Thanks to Brad Dickison