IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > RIP Mrs Barfield
10/2/12, 9:34 PM   #1
RIP Mrs Barfield
Darlin

You will be missed so much for your contribution to racing. Our hearts go out to the family.

10/3/12, 12:06 AM   #2
Re: RIP Mrs Barfield
racephoto1

One of the most wonderful people I knew. She and her husband were like JW Hunt, only a lot more reserved. I was fortunate enough to talk to them earlier this year, and thank them for all they have done for auto racing, and everyone involved in it.

My condolences to the family and God Bless.

3 members like this post: interpreter66, mowerman, Wayne Davis
10/3/12, 8:02 AM   #3
interpreter66

what a sad day,mr and mr.s barfield are two of the greatest people you could ever meet, she will be greatly missed,
when ever you saw them they were alway's walking hand in hand,been that way for as long as i can remember.

1 member likes this post: racephoto1
10/3/12, 8:13 AM   #4
Dick Mahoney

Great people I stapped her into Hewitt's twoseater at East Bay when she was 83 Not many would take that ride at 50 never mind 83

1 member likes this post: apexonephoto
10/3/12, 9:17 AM   #5
Darlin

We all have so many wonderfully memories of her. I will miss her "hat". She always wore it.

10/3/12, 2:05 PM   #6
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

I became acquainted with the Barfields at the Four Crown Nationals several years ago and had many interesting conversations with them during the races. My mother, who attended her last Four Crown when she was just past ninety-five, really enjoyed talking with Mrs. Barfield. I noticed they weren't in their usual spot this year and I wondered about their status. Always enjoyed talking with Mr. Barfield about his orange groves and his Jaguar cars.
RIP, Mrs. Barfield

10/3/12, 5:40 PM   #7
old time Hoosier

Mrs. Barfield, 'Jeff' to insiders, was a genuine lady with a burning passion for sprint car racing. Mr & Mrs Barfield gave much much more than they ever received from racing. Godspeed to her and condolences to the family.

2 members like this post: interpreter66, racephoto1
10/4/12, 2:57 PM   #8
Offy22

The Barfields have been avid sprint car supporters for many, many years. They sponsored cars and drivers since the 60's if not earlier and were active with the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame since its inception. She will be missed by many in the sport. Condolences to Lee and family

10/4/12, 4:17 PM   #9
mortboyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlin View Post
We all have so many wonderfully memories of her. I will miss her "hat". She always wore it.
That hat musta weighed 50 pounds with all of the pins on it. We were introduced to them at the Little 5 several years ago....very nice folks. RIP Mrs. Barfield.

10/9/12, 12:15 AM   #10
Max Revs

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > RIP Mrs Barfield