IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ocala Night One
2/10/12, 2:01 AM   #61
Re: Ocala Night One
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Those tires look like they went a hundred miles at Langhorne. When are the racers going to get together and put a stop to such BS. Trust me, there are compounds that won't do that but Hoosier has em suckered. The promoter obviously doesn't know what he is doing on track prep either. Rubber down racing ends up looking just like winged racing. I wouldn't spend a dime on it. Too bad though for the racers and fans who did. I hope it gets better tomorrow and the video feed is problem free.

2/10/12, 8:34 AM   #62
Motormasher

What did it do to the Left Rear?

2/10/12, 3:10 PM   #63
Lincoln Chapple

What size of crowd turned out?

Posted via Mobile Device

2/10/12, 3:14 PM   #64
Offy22

I think Hoosier did a good job with the tires. Nearly everyone completely wore out the rears but there was not a single blown tire. Try that with Goodyear. Hopefully someone will steal Bubba's sheeps foot while someone else digs it up and puts some water beneath the surface for the next shows.

2/10/12, 3:29 PM   #65
billyb

This is a bunch of S--T, I thought they only weighed the 1st 3. Thats all USAC knows how to do, They aren't smart enough to check engines, fuel, or traction control. Bunch of KIDS!!

1 member likes this post: Motormasher
2/10/12, 3:30 PM   #66
scott moyer

Im having a great time The racing is good and the weather was awesome,
78 at race time shot in a tshirt, I love it. Night two coming up.

1 member likes this post: Larry Welch
2/10/12, 9:41 PM   #67
dustbowl

Lefts were about equally bald. Its not the ht2 it's the sandy track that's packed harder than concrete with the shape of the track requiring you to be sideways with a lot of wheel spin. Dt3s would have blistered like crazy early in the night probably much worse than the ht2. Then it would have laid rubber and they would be just as bald. bring these tires back to indiana and you will see much much better results. All you dt3 supporters have never seen a dt3 at say oskaloosa where every single block is blistered after hot laps and each heat race and would only last half the feature.

Posted via Mobile Device

2/10/12, 10:22 PM   #68
wtvwrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustbowl View Post
Lefts were about equally bald. Its not the ht2 it's the sandy track that's packed harder than concrete with the shape of the track requiring you to be sideways with a lot of wheel spin. Dt3s would have blistered like crazy early in the night probably much worse than the ht2. Then it would have laid rubber and they would be just as bald. bring these tires back to indiana and you will see much much better results. All you dt3 supporters have never seen a dt3 at say oskaloosa where every single block is blistered after hot laps and each heat race and would only last half the feature.

Posted via Mobile Device
Correct - everything I have heard is - it's not the tire (at least not in this instance) it's the track...or at least the way the track was for night 1.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ocala Night One