IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
ISF (Offline)
  #11 12/1/19 10:18 AM
Is Larson ever really off of that "roll"?

It is mind boggling to consider how many wins and championships Larson would amass and what sort of legend he'd build if he ran dirt open wheel cars on a regular basis! I am thankful I've had the pleasure and honor to watch this young man throughout his epic career to this point. Before he's done he'll most likely take on mythical status in the history of American racing. I honestly believe, without a doubt, Mr. Larson, in relatively competitive equipment, could win the Indy 500 and I'll go on record as predicting he will win it at some point.

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.
4 Likes: dirt330, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, luckybuc97
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #12 12/1/19 12:59 PM
Apparently, he wasn't satisfied with just beating up on USAC for a week. Last night, he went to Arizona Speedway and collected ASCS's trophy, over Bell and others.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
4 Likes: flagboy55, ISF, jdull99, jim goerge
revjimk (Offline)
  #13 12/1/19 9:21 PM
Originally Posted by ISF:
Is Larson ever really off of that "roll"?

It is mind boggling to consider how many wins and championships Larson would amass and what sort of legend he'd build if he ran dirt open wheel cars on a regular basis! I am thankful I've had the pleasure and honor to watch this young man throughout his epic career to this point. Before he's done he'll most likely take on mythical status in the history of American racing. I honestly believe, without a doubt, Mr. Larson, in relatively competitive equipment, could win the Indy 500 and I'll go on record as predicting he will win it at some point.
Good points....but
So far he's a very good but not great NASCAR driver. We'll see about Indy
Dirt? How old do you have to be to make HOF? He's already earned it....
jdull99 (Offline)
  #14 12/1/19 10:12 PM
He has made it further in the "playoffs" of ANY Ganassi driver...the only other one that I can think of, that was relevant to the championship (the last style tho, b4 the "chase") late in the year, was Sterling Marlin in 2001 (& then he got hurt in September)...so ya, let's hope Kyle has gotten the call for the #48 or smthn somewhere other than Cheap Chip's NASCAR...then I blv we will see results like the last month of his OW racing has been...

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
IndianaSprintFan (Offline)
  #15 12/1/19 10:34 PM
Larson going to the 48 would be the worst thing he could possibly do as far as racing dirt during the nascar season goes. It will be over just like it was for Kahne. I’ve always thought he would stay with chip because of the freedom he gives him to race dirt and the direct ties to Indy
2 Likes: erich45, jim goerge
mc/rider (Offline)
  #16 12/2/19 12:18 AM
My personal preference #14

When in doubt Gas It
3 Likes: jdull99, racenut69, TNRustler
jdull99 (Offline)
  #17 12/2/19 4:10 AM
Kahne still ran dirt when he raced for Hendrick...

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
jdull99 (Offline)
  #18 12/2/19 4:13 AM
[QUOTE=mc/rider;523271]My personal preference #14[/QUOTE

I won't argue that, BUT I still really hope Ricky ends up there...he is another that hasn't gotten in the right situation in Cup racing, to display the talent he has...

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
2 Likes: mc/rider, TKRacing
ronmil (Offline)
  #19 12/2/19 6:41 PM
Ricky is driving the #47.

Ron Miller
jdull99 (Offline)
  #20 12/2/19 8:00 PM
Originally Posted by ronmil:
Ricky is driving the #47.
I'm aware...lol. & Clint's in the #14, Kyle's in the #42, & Jimmie is in the #48...in 2020...I thought we were talking about 2021 & beyond...lol. The only one I know that had a "lifetime" contract was Jeff...Jimmie mighta but they didn't make as big a deal about it (as Jeff).

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com