IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
RWMS (Offline)
  #1 5/17/12 8:55 AM
Brownsburg, IN – May 17, 2012 – The month of May is dedicated to the sport of racing and RW Motorsports is right in the thick of it. The team has been preparing for Silver Crown pavement competition, the 59th Annual Hoosier Hundred, the Night Before the 500, and the 96th Annual Indianapolis 500.
Races start off at the Inaugural USAC Hall of Fame Classic at Lucas Oil Raceway, this Saturday, May 19. Jerry Coons Jr. will pilot the #27, with Bobby Santos III in the #17. The 59th Annual Hoosier Hundred is the following week, on May 25th, at the Indiana State Fairgrounds. With wins the past two years, Shane Hmiel, RW #17 in 2010, and Jerry Coons Jr, RW #27 in 2011, everyone at RW Motorsports is excited to see Jerry take to the track once again this year with teammate, Bryan Clauson in #17. When asked about his thoughts on the races, Jerry said, “I'm really looking forward to getting the season started! We had a great test at Lucas Oil Raceway, the car was the best it's ever felt there. I’m excited about our pavement program! Then we head to the Indy Fairgrounds the week after, where we won last year. We were all disappointed to lose a close championship last year, but I think things are looking very good to get our 2nd Silver Crown Championship this year.”
The Night Before the 500 takes place Saturday, May 26th at the Lucas Oil Raceway, where Mario Clouser will race the #27 midget with teammates Bobby Santos III in the #17 midget, and returning this year in the #17B midget, Brad Kuhn.
Events are well under way at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, preparing for the 96th Annual Indianapolis 500. This year, RW has teamed up with Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing to sponsor Bryan Clauson to race in the Indy 500. Bryan is the first USAC driver to be hired to drive a car at Indy since Tony Stewart, and RW is thrilled to be a part of it. Steve Weirich, President and CEO of RW/RW Motorsports said “We’re really excited to be a part of the Indy 500 this year. This is a perfect opportunity to take our program to the next level. Teaming up with Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing and Bryan Clauson has been a great decision. Their commitment to quality and strive to be the best mirrors RW. The team is strong and the cars are fast, it’s a tremendous combination."
When we asked Bryan Clauson about his experience so far at Indy, he said “It's been a great start for us here at Indy. The SFHR guys have built a fast Honda race car for me this month. Every day we have made gains on our race car. It's been a dream start to the month; hopefully we can keep the momentum going into the second half of the month!”

Stay up to date with race information by following RW Motorsports on Twitter, Facebook and 17racing.com.
19 Likes: Beer Goggles, Bostonian, bus man, dberrio, dirtball, Hclarke, ISF, jerrydt, K-Dawg30, Kansasdirtfan, mowerman, Mud Packer, Pat O'Connor Fan, ronmil, Seadog, SETracing, smith19, VSneader2
Seadog (Offline)
  #2 5/17/12 9:50 AM
You guys rock. Good luck with all the upcoming races!
Hclarke (Offline)
  #3 5/17/12 1:04 PM
That's some great news. Steve is one of the most gracious gentlemen in racing. I thought I saw the RW colors on the nose of BC's Indy ride - nice to see.
ISF (Offline)
  #4 5/17/12 2:57 PM
The very best of luck to the RW Motorsports team and Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing during the month of May and throughout the 2012 racing season.

We'll be cheering ya'll on at the Hoosier 100 and also we'll be pulling for Sarah's teams at the Indy 500!!

I checked the RW website and made note of all your sponsors. We will be patronizing as many of them as we can along with Sarah's teams sponsors, as well. I would urge everyone who can to do the same 'cause as we all know sponsorship is what keeps these teams and cars doing what we love to watch them do!

Here's to a successful, profitable and most of all safe month of May and 2012 racing season!!

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.
2 Likes: PIT CART, Seadog