IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
IndianaSprintFan (Offline)
  #11 4/10/21 11:57 PM
Fantastic race. I don’t know what’s changed over the last few years in wing racing but every one I’ve been to lately has been great. Anyone stuck in the “wing racing sucks” state of mind needs to reconsider the next time they are around. Also by far the biggest crowd I’ve personally ever seen at Tri-State
15 Likes: 95KART, chathamracefan, Chief Wahoo, Dirt Track Cowboy, dirt330, dirtfan98, fish, flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, i love dirt track racing, Ken Bonnema, PIT CART, racenut69, Racer12, tirespinner
chathamracefan (Offline)
  #12 4/11/21 7:42 AM
I would echo this. I have dirtvision and watch most all of the outlaw races. When those cars get on a bullring say 1/3 mile or 1/4 they put on consistently outstanding racing. Sometimes on the bigger tracks they get strung out but the shorter tracks are great stuff. Both Kokomo and Haubstadt were a great watch. Then the USAC feature came on last night and was great also.
8 Likes: 95KART, dirt330, flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, IndianaSprintFan, luckybuc97, racenut69, tirespinner
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #13 4/11/21 10:57 AM
I’ve been attending TSS for a LONG time and I can comfortably say that that was one on the biggest crowds that I can remember seeing. Some empty seats in the reserved seating area that had been announced as sold out for a long time. Assuming wealthy people who did want to take a chance on a forecast, not sure.
I think we are in one of those transitional eras of the WoO where as new cream is now rising to the top. What every sport needs to keep
Interest peaking. Good for them. Traffic in and out of there is like butter. Track knows how to accommodate all. Kudos to Flagman Keith Dewig for taking a beating all night long in the stand with the flying dirt, wipping winds, cold temperatures and the flags beating him in the face all night due to direction of sustained winds. Much respect.
13 Likes: 95KART, Chief Wahoo, Dirt Track Cowboy, dirt330, flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, mc/rider, openwheelfan1, racenut69, svfd830, TNRustler
openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #14 4/11/21 3:01 PM
That race last night was certainly one of the better winged races I’ve seen. Congratulations to Carson Macedo and JJR for the victory. Just a HUGE crowd! Kudos to the Helfrich family and the WoO organization. An “iffy” day weather wise, but the track was fast and racy all night, even though by the end of the feature it had an uncharacteristic amount of dust. The track crew did a great job esp. given the gusty, winds and changing weather conditions. The WoO officials and drivers and the MMSA officials and drivers kept the show moving and the evening of racing was completed in a very timely manner! Great job by all!
5 Likes: flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, mc/rider, racenut69, Rcar