IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > How you got your iow name
7/1/11, 6:52 AM   #91
Re: How you got your iow name
Al Soran

I also ran.

1 member likes this post: interpreter66
7/1/11, 8:48 AM   #92
TQ29m

Kinda like Jack Dupp? Bob!

7/1/11, 11:36 AM   #93
BHAS SpeedMedic

BHAS is who I work for Bloomington Hospital Ambulance Service ( IU Health now) and SpeedMedic well I'm more often than not the guy in the Blue fire suit checkin' the drivers after it has went bad for em at Bloomington Speedway ...... Oh and the young ladies in my pics, just one of those extra duties at Lucas Oil Raceway couple of years ago...had to make sure they were wearing the proper sunscreen, oh the sacrafice I make for the good of those I serve :2:
Last edited by BHAS SpeedMedic; 7/1/11 at 11:44 AM.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
7/1/11, 9:41 PM   #94
aka Liz

It's a variation of my username on Trackforum; hence the "aka."

1 member likes this post: FishBurger
7/1/11, 9:58 PM   #95
mud goodsleeve

Race Count This Year: 09

growing up my granpa allways said "if you do that, your name will be Mud" he passed and a few years after grandma started calling me "Mud"( I wasnt the best kid)..the friends picked it up and I've been Mud for the last 20 something years. Goodsleeve is the name of my company. now a days im known as Mud Goodsleeve at the shop on the street or at the track.

7/1/11, 10:54 PM   #96
Red Clay

I have gone to Bloomington Speedway since early childhood. I love the red clay and still get chicken skin or goose bumps when the first hot lap session gets the green. I paid homage to the track that got me into sprint car racing as a young child. My name is Allen Cody and am just giving respect to the place that got me hooked.

2 members like this post: IndyBound, mud goodsleeve
7/1/11, 10:56 PM   #97
PushEm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PushEm! View Post
Well I work at both LPS and Paragon but LPS is where I started at as a Crewman in the infield. Now I am a Push Truck Driver at Paragon and Fire and Safety at LPS.
To make things simpler I got my name changed to what is says on the front fenders of my Push Truck. PushEm!

7/2/11, 12:42 AM   #98
fasster23

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerdog45 View Post
I use to have a great Jack Russell named "Racer" and my first 1/4 midget was numbered 45......
I have a Jack Russell named Stagger and I call him Stagger dog.
Posted using Mobile Device

7/2/11, 12:38 PM   #99
JstAbvVMC

I am a pilot. VMC is the is the designation for the minimum air speed at which you MUST fly in a twin engine aircraft to maintain control when ONLY one engine operational. IE..Never ever fly below "VMC".

Just Above VMC, My way of saying I live everyday on the edge.....

1 member likes this post: interpreter66
7/2/11, 1:12 PM   #100
spindell

I was at Eagle Raceway in Nebraska for an Outlaw race in '85.
Sammy crashed Brad Doty, turning him over. During the red flag, I went to the car to get some film for my camera. Being in a wheelchair, and Eagle's parking lot at that time being like a corn field, I hooked a rut in the dark, and turned over. A group of about 15 people I had never seen before (who had been outside drinking beer) immediatley circled me and began chanting "Spindell, Spindell...." laughing, pointing, etc! After awhile they got me back upright, dusted me off, and stuck a beer in my hand. Crashing is never good, but dumping it that night not only got me my nickname, but a lifelong group of friends, that has since expanded from coat to coast, including many IOW'ers!

5 members like this post: FishBurger, IndyBound, Isaac Chapple Racing, jim goerge
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > How you got your iow name