IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC at Raceway Park on Saturday
7/25/13, 6:31 PM   #21
Re: USAC at Raceway Park on Saturday
richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy1808 View Post
Daggone it!
I hate to post negative in this & I'm going (maybe alone)
But in the past I keep telling myself not to go to this because of the NASCAR fans that come they just don't know how to sit down, behave and watch a race. I've got up and moved three or four times in the past just to get away from them. I would really like to take my niece's kids with me but with all the drinking and the Cussing and carrying on, I just don't know.
Maybe we should just go down to the Clash at Pville?

Posted via Mobile Device
That type of crowd hasn't been there in the last few years. Plus, all the stuff going on out at IMS will keep most of the NASCAR crowd away. The Nationwide race will be going on while the USAC midgets & Silver Crown cars will be qualifying. Don't worry about it. Go to IRP!

7/25/13, 6:36 PM   #22
racephoto1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy1808 View Post
Daggone it!
I hate to post negative in this & I'm going (maybe alone)
But in the past I keep telling myself not to go to this because of the NASCAR fans that come they just don't know how to sit down, behave and watch a race. I've got up and moved three or four times in the past just to get away from them. I would really like to take my niece's kids with me but with all the drinking and the Cussing and carrying on, I just don't know.
Maybe we should just go down to the Clash at Pville?

Posted via Mobile Device
They'll be at the Speedway. Nascrap race starts at 4:30 . Shouldn't have much of a problem with their fans at all. This should be a grandstand with fans of real racing cars only.

1 member likes this post: traviskart
7/25/13, 6:45 PM   #23
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

Woo Hoo!
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing

7/25/13, 7:03 PM   #24
USAC Developmental

For those that missed the other post please see below, hope to see everyone on Saturday!

All fans who buy a General Admission ticket this Saturday for the JD Byrider 100 at Lucas Oil Raceway will be given pit access to 7pm!

General Admission tickets will go on sale starting at 4pm. Adult tickets are $25, childrens (ages 5-12) tickets are just $5!

Hope to see everyone Saturday night for the USAC Double Header with the 100-lap Traxxas Silver Crown Feature and 30-lap Honda National Midget main events!

7/25/13, 7:06 PM   #25
traviskart

Race Count This Year: 25
Race Count Last Year: 40+

sure hope Tanner can win this event he is one great driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honest-Sam View Post
Tanner Swanson in the #2

Posted via Mobile Device

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: miwingless
7/25/13, 7:48 PM   #26
i love dirt track racing

It would be great to see the Burg safety crew in action

Posted via Mobile Device

7/25/13, 9:13 PM   #27
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Hate to miss this race, but I have to try to get a little rest before leaving Evansville early to attend the Brickyard 400. This fulfills my quota of taxicab racing for the year!

7/25/13, 9:27 PM   #28
johnnythunderhead
Banned

the burg safety crew will be in action, I love ...., at the burg, come on down!/ I was very tempted to go to indy for this, but no one's projected a car count, and i'm extremely skeptical of u s a c and pavement any more, recon they'll need to start showin some full fields of cars for awhile before I travel any distance to see em

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by johnnythunderhead; 7/25/13 at 9:31 PM.

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
7/25/13, 10:06 PM   #29
ossuks

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnythunderhead View Post
the burg safety crew will be in action, I love ...., at the burg, come on down!/ I was very tempted to go to indy for this, but no one's projected a car count, and i'm extremely skeptical of u s a c and pavement any more, recon they'll need to start showin some full fields of cars for awhile before I travel any distance to see em

Posted via Mobile Device
So far we know there will be 2 sc cars, the 2 and the 4! Would guess when USAC posted about ticket info above they would have also mentioned entry totals if they were good numbers! Also, do not forget the $ to park your car unless you are parachuting in?

For those from out of town, there will be 2 good shows, The Clash at Putnumville and the Kenny Schrader and Bikini contest at Lawrenceburg, so you have choices, pick one IRP,Put, or L'burg and enjoy, the weather looks great!

2 members like this post: Indy1808, johnnythunderhead
7/26/13, 8:45 AM   #30
rj1

a friend last night told me RW will have 3 Silver Crown cars

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC at Raceway Park on Saturday