IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo smackdown addition
1/5/18, 1:52 PM   #1
Kokomo smackdown addition
reeserx

This is pulled from the tracks Facebook page

BOSS Sprints now join USAC on Saturday night with their own, separate full-points show paying $1500-to-win. Drivers eligible to compete in the BOSS portion of the event on Saturday are those who have not made a start in any of the previous six Saturday night “Smackdown” features between 2012 and 2017.

Drivers may only compete in either the USAC program or BOSS program, not both, on Saturday night. However, drivers may choose to compete Thursday and Friday with USAC and elect to compete again with either USAC or BOSS on Saturday

I for one am even more excited for this years smackdown, this looks like it will be pretty cool

1/5/18, 4:31 PM   #2
Re: Kokomo smackdown addition
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeserx View Post

BOSS Sprints now join USAC on Saturday night with their own, separate full-points show paying $1500-to-win. Drivers eligible to compete in the BOSS portion of the event on Saturday are those who have not made a start in any of the previous six Saturday night “Smackdown” features between 2012 and 2017.

Drivers may only compete in either the USAC program or BOSS program, not both, on Saturday night. However, drivers may choose to compete Thursday and Friday with USAC and elect to compete again with either USAC or BOSS on Saturday

I for one am even more excited for this years smackdown, this looks like it will be pretty cool
This is a great idea. The fans get something and the drivers / teams get something.

4 members like this post: Kydehart, Newport13, PJ Wright, WinglessLovers
1/5/18, 5:39 PM   #3
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeserx View Post

Can two different drivers run in one car for each event?

1/5/18, 11:36 PM   #4
Nate

For anyone wondering, the drivers that have previously qualified for a Smackdown feature on the final night and cannot take part in the BOSS event:

Andretti, Jarett
Bacon, Brady
Ballou, Robert
Beauchamp, Brent
Bernal, Ryan
Boespflug, Chad
Briscoe, Chase
Chapple, Isaac
Clayton, Daron
Clouser, Mario
Coons Jr, Jerry
Cottle, Colten
Cottle, Shane
Courtney, Tyler
Cummins, Kyle
Darland, Dave
Daum, Zach
Farney, Aaron
Fitzpatrick, Braylon
Gardner, Damion
Grant, Justin
Gurley, Chris
Hendrick, Jonathan
Hewitt, Tyler
Hines, Tracy
Hodges, Josh
Jarrett, Logan
Karraker, Brian
Larson, Kyle
Leary, CJ
McGhee, Max
McIntyre, Wes
Meseraull, Thomas
Puterbaugh Jr, Billy
Robbins, Kyle
Schuerenberg, Hunter
Short, Brady
Shuman, Casey
Simon, Landon
Spencer, Josh
Stanbrough, Jon
Stockon, Chase
Swanson, Kody
Taylor, Gary
Thomas, Tyler
Thomas Jr, Kevin
Weir, Scotty
Windom, Chris

1/6/18, 8:34 PM   #5
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Nate, you must be getting bored this winter Seriously, thanks very much for the info. I appreciate it!

3 members like this post: Kydehart, Nate, PIT CART
1/6/18, 9:07 PM   #6
cshuman

So if a guy on that list was going to run for BOSS points in 2018, he wouldn’t be allowed and would get zero points for the night?

1 member likes this post: motorhead748
1/6/18, 9:48 PM   #7
Kydehart

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshuman View Post
So if a guy on that list was going to run for BOSS points in 2018, he wouldn’t be allowed and would get zero points for the night?
Yeah you're right, although Boss pretty much said on twitter that they weren't expecting any overlap...I guess they've been running at atomic that weekend and none of their guys has been going to smackdown?

1/6/18, 9:55 PM   #8
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Who on that list would be running for BOSS points? My guess is it is to encourage BOSS drivers to participate, by not allowing outsiders to run. I find it interesting when a thread was on here about the 2018 WAR schedule, you chose not to comment. Yet you make comments about a USAC rules thread, and a Smackdown thread.

1 member likes this post: fish
1/6/18, 10:10 PM   #9
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I thought it was a legit question, But honestly the only one on there that hits a lot of BOSS Races is Kody Swanson. Cottle, Grant, even Darland and TMez and others hit a few here and there but not points runners.

5 members like this post: hairracer44, Kydehart, luckybuc97, motorhead748, Will Shunk
1/6/18, 10:53 PM   #10
hairracer44

Quote:
I would say if anyone on the list decides to run for BOSS points they better have a decent points lead, I would assume they won't make any exceptions. Word around the campfire is you were going to make a run at the BOSS points championship in 2018... LOL
Last edited by hairracer44; 1/6/18 at 11:13 PM.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Kydehart, mscs20, nathans1012
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo smackdown addition