IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: 7th vermeil classic this weekend at calistoga
8/25/14, 2:40 PM   #1
Usac: 7th vermeil classic this weekend at calistoga
admin

8/25/14 2:36 PM 7TH VERMEIL CLASSIC THIS WEEKEND AT CALISTOGA

http://usacracing.com/news/sprint-ca...d-at-calistoga

7TH VERMEIL CLASSIC THIS WEEKEND AT CALISTOGA

The 7th Annual “Louie Vermeil Classic” is on tap this weekend in the Napa Valley wine country Saturday and Sunday at the historic and scenic Calistoga (Calif.) Speedway. It features both the AMSOIL USAC/CRA Sprint Cars and the Honda USAC Western Midgets.

Damion Gardner of Concord, Calif. enters the two nights of racing with a substantial 155-point series lead over runner-up and five-time champion Mike Spencer. Gardner swept both 2010 “Vermeil” Sprint features and was second in one last year. Spencer has a 2009 and 2011 victory among his nine consecutive “top-four” finishes dating back to 2009.

Former “Vermeil” Sprint car winners Robert Ballou and Ryan Bernal, who have experienced winning “streaks” this year, are expected to compete. Ballou is coming off a great runner-up finish in last week’s “Sprint Car Smackdown III” at Kokomo, Ind. and will team with Nic Faas in cars entered by Keith Ford. Other previous “Vermeil” Sprint winners include Tim and Bud Kaeding, Kevin Swindell, Kyle Hirst and Kyle Larson.

Gardner, whose specially-built Bonneville Salt Flats Sprint car holds the World’s record for a Sprint Car and will be on exhibit this weekend, has seven feature wins in 12 starts so far this year in USAC/CRA competition. His other five starts include a second and two thirds!

This weekend’s events salute the legacy of the man who virtually put Calistoga on the map, with the track history dating back to 1937!

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
8/25/14, 11:29 PM   #2
Re: Usac: 7th vermeil classic this weekend at calistoga
Gasman fan 50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCk3oJPx53M

Last edited by Gasman fan 50; 8/25/14 at 11:32 PM. Reason: says video not there

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
8/26/14, 4:40 PM   #3
USAC: 7th Vermeil Classic this W/E at Calistoga!!..
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Yup Joe!!...once again, roll'n outa Phx late Thurs. pm, 2 miss the 210 L.A. commute, 4 the Vermeil #7!!!..straw hat, my lady, me.....

8/26/14, 5:45 PM   #4
Re: USAC: 7th Vermeil Classic this W/E at Calistoga!!..
Gasman fan 50

If you want we'll meet at the turn 4 beer wagon at 6pm Saturday going early as my son is not in town. Orange cap Shoot the Bull. Can't believe only the third race of the year. I have a spare ticket. Kind of had plans to go to Texas for three races there instead.

8/26/14, 6:23 PM   #5
USAC: 7th Vermeil Classic this W/E at Calistoga!!..
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

not sure yet Joe,with others Pits mabe??..now over a year for me(NO FUEL)...feel lot better!!...

8/26/14, 8:43 PM   #6
i love dirt track racing

Go madman. Have fun watching the madman. and make sure that you send him back to Indiana we will miss him for 2 mscs this weekend. He is running well and we all back in Indiana wish the best for all the teams .

8/26/14, 9:28 PM   #7
Re: Usac: 7th vermeil classic this weekend at calistoga
Gasman fan 50

Then how about wine coolers! Seating in section 5 top roll 1&2 Best seat in the house, covered from that dreaded rain in drought in California. If your going through Las Vegas I recommend the the Hover Dam tour if you find time.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: 7th vermeil classic this weekend at calistoga