IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
jdull99 (Offline)
  #1 4/26/23 2:11 PM
https://racer.com/2023/04/26/bowman-...ured-vertebra/

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #2 4/26/23 2:33 PM
I bet Hendrick ain’t happy. Especially with Elliott missing those weeks with the snowboarding accident. Hope he doesn’t put a stop to it.

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
8 Likes: BrentTFunk, erich45, flagboy55, MassiveRaceFan, oppweld, PIT CART, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #3 4/26/23 2:36 PM
Just tells me that Snow Boarding is as dangerous as racing

Charles Nungester
8 Likes: erich45, flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, IndianaSprintFan, jdull99, MassiveRaceFan, mc/rider, PIT CART
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #4 4/26/23 4:30 PM
I’m curious how the Nascar media types will handle this. My guess is they will not be favorable of Alex’s pastime. I saw a headline from Elliot’s snowboarding accident endorsing his life outside of racing. My guess is they won’t show the same compassion for lowly sprint car racing. I hope I’m wrong
kb78 (Offline)
  #5 4/26/23 4:36 PM
Given Briscoe's injury from the Late Model race I would assume dirt racing in general will catch bad press from the grocery getter society over this.
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #6 4/26/23 5:26 PM
All you gotta do is look at Larsons Cup Car. If that was drivers side, I shudder to think

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: cornerthree, Ken Bonnema
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #7 4/26/23 5:33 PM
I understand people who invest millions into a driver being concerned. It is not just in racing. I had a family member married to a major league pitcher. It was in his contract things he couldn't do. The list included, riding a motorcycle, sky diving, and tamer things such as playing golf. He could only play in his charity golf tournament one day a year. I think Hendrick has been pretty fair about it, and hopefully his recovery is quick. I thought Alex had looked pretty good at times this year.
4 Likes: Ilovedirttrackracing, openwheelfan1, oppweld, tirespinner
ossuks (Offline)
  #8 4/26/23 6:49 PM
There is a HUGE differance between the left side and right side in cage construction! The drivers side has multiple bars and a plate going from bottom frame rail to window opening that runs from wheel opening to wheel opening.
4 Likes: bighd0522, BrentTFunk, jdull99, tirespinner
jdull99 (Offline)
  #9 4/26/23 7:41 PM
Originally Posted by ossuks:
There is a HUGE differance between the left side and right side in cage construction! The drivers side has multiple bars and a plate going from bottom frame rail to window opening that runs from wheel opening to wheel opening.
Produced by former open wheel racer Ronnie Johncox's company...

https://www.mlive.com/public-interes...car-races.html

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, Chief Wahoo, ossuks, tirespinner
Puppy (Offline)
  #10 4/27/23 10:30 PM
Does anyone know if Bowman had a Crash Pad seat insert in his car?