IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Updates from Kamp?
7/16/09, 11:14 PM   #141
Re: Updates from Kamp?
pletchfan

YEY, Congrats DD and crew!!! You are certainly making a good Sprint Week for Susan!!! Very nice of you. LOL

Showin some LOVE for DOUBLE D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
You are the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/16/09, 11:16 PM   #142
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman92 View Post
It's all part of the ISW experience right! As my hubby has reminded me "you wanted to go to all of them!". Ah good times.
Posted via Mobile Device
had to miss just this one my sisters were wrestling pigs at the county fair

7/16/09, 11:51 PM   #143
Motormasher

USAC sucks without "Cowboy" there..........

7/17/09, 12:16 AM   #144
Jerry Shaw

I left that place looking like a coal miner. A coal miner that you couldn't sandblast the smile off of his face, that was there because of the great race he just saw. The last three laps were just crazy. Darland got the lead. Then he had to give it back because the yellow came out. He got it back when they went back green. Boat then came from third to nose ahead on the backstretch of the last lap, only to be out drag raced by DD going into three. Then Cole got great bite coming off four low and made a valiant dive for the tape. When the checker was thrown, I didn't know who the hell had won. There was a big pause, as I was making a mad dash for my car. The first voice I heard the interviewer go to was a deeper one, so I knew it had to be DD. 27 one-thousandths of a second. Wow!! Up until now, we had seen several very good races in ISW, but not a great one. We now officially have our first Instant Classic!! Now on to where we had one of our Instant Classics, last year.

Jerry

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormasher View Post
USAC sucks without "Cowboy" there..........
What the hell's wrong with you? USAC doesn't suck. How many Midget Week and Sprint Week races did you go to, this year?

Jerry

Winston Churchill

7/17/09, 1:03 AM   #145
Jim Halpert

This is biased because I am a huge Dave Darland and Cole Whitt fan...probably the only person with one of each's shirt on tonight...but I have been going to races around this state for 21 years and that is the best in my memory. Jerry is right...the last three laps were absolutely unbelievable! Not to mention Cole and Stanbrough going wheel to wheel for the first half of the race, Dave's charge to the front up top, Boat coming out of nowhere on the last lap, and me screaming for both Cole and Dave just hoping one of them could pull it out! I'm dirtier than I've ever been, and happier than I've ever been.

Congrats to Dave...the man is a legend...truly. The all-time sprint week race winner. He is the model that we hope young drivers take after...both on and off the track. Even though he won, he was quick to congratulate Cole and Boat on their drives. You are a class act Dave. Congrats to Cole as well. He has been smooth and clean ever since he came to the midwest and that is why I've become such a big fan. He doesn't put others in danger and he can hang it out there with the best of them. My first visit to Kamp, and certainly not my last. I had to call my mom with the results twice because all she heard the first time was screaming...both from me and the rest of the crew at Kamp...unbelievable.

7/17/09, 2:00 AM   #146
Danny Burton

Neither of the two previous posters complained about the dust. Maybe we should face it. If you go to Kamp's you'll get dusty, just as when you go to Haubstadt, you know that Tom will re-work the track. Prepare. Next time I'm getting a red bandanna like Mr. Foyt's and some goggles. I'll be ready then.

All I know is that it was a fiercely contested race with multiple grooves.

My guess is that the dust problem has to do with the type of dirt that makes up the track. It wasn't dry, not at all. After the B Main a track worker was scraping dirt off the wall as they do after hot laps. My own term for it is "loose dirt."

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

7/17/09, 2:01 AM   #147
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinSprinter View Post
LPS mite just have this date next yr!!....eh ha!!.........
Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

7/17/09, 2:21 AM   #148
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
Brucer,how right you might just be.
Word in the pits is that Kamp is closing the gates for good at the end of the month, we will have to see how much truth there is to the talk.
Thanks for all the support tonight.

Spencer Racing #56 / #66j

7/17/09, 2:22 AM   #149
dirtfan98

Race Count This Year: 10
Race Count Last Year: 5

does anyone have the updated sprintweek points? Thanks much! Ready for bloomington tomorrow! GO Jerry!

7/17/09, 2:35 AM   #150
Michael#81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Spencer View Post
Word in the pits is that Kamp is closing the gates for good at the end of the month, we will have to see how much truth there is to the talk.
Thanks for all the support tonight.

Spencer Racing #56 / #66j
I have been hearing that same thing all week.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Updates from Kamp?