IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Jerry Spencer (Offline)
  #1 2/6/14 7:40 AM
Midgets every Friday night, trophy dash for top six and more, Good luck Mel we are behind you 100%

Spencer Racing #66j
stida.com / HalfMoon Resturant & Brewery
www.joshspencer.com
23 Likes: AP64, B-square, BrentTFunk, dickster, dirtball, dirtnonwingfan, EBookerFan, K9Racer, martz32, Midget 89, miwingless, mowerman, nedra_bahler_835@com, Pat O'Connor Fan, PJ Wright, racegal, racing2bwithu2, racing4aman, scottyCbus, speed bump, Stephen Cording, TNRustler, WBR 3E
coondog (Offline)
  #2 2/6/14 8:15 AM
This is great to see. I had a conversation with another track owner a couple years ago at Chili Bowl and said that if a weekly track would pick up the midgets, even a couple races a month, that I felt midget racing would grow again in IN. First Montpilier and now Gas City. Any midget owners, I wouldn't mind doing some double duty when I'm there with the 10e! Also don't forget that I put together a contingency program for the dirt tracks in IN. The midgets at Gas City and Montpilier would fall under this. If you need info, e mail me at jcoons@impactraceproducts.com
12 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, EBookerFan, fish, groove grabber, Jerry Spencer, Jonr, K9Racer, Kansasdirtfan, PJ Wright, rachasin, sc17x, speed bump
interpreter66 (Offline)
  #3 2/6/14 8:47 AM
midget's and sprint's ?
PatrickMead#13 (Offline)
  #4 2/6/14 9:36 AM
Interesting... It's good to see even more midget racing coming back. It should help Montpelier on Saturdays and Gas City on Fridays. Good stuff!!!
jjones752 (Offline)
  #5 2/6/14 10:06 AM
I don't see anything yet on the Gas city website about Midgets, or the 2014 schedule at all for that matter; does anyone know if they will be using Montpelier rules (i.e., Mini Sprints welcome)? If so, I welcome the opportunity to run more often; if not, well, good luck in your new venture.

Jim Jones
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
RayPro33 (Offline)
  #6 2/6/14 10:31 AM
Any contact info or official info on this would be great.
2 Likes: jjones752, PatrickMead#13
cjaxx1987 (Offline)
  #7 2/6/14 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by jjones752:
I don't see anything yet on the Gas city website about Midgets, or the 2014 schedule at all for that matter; does anyone know if they will be using Montpelier rules (i.e., Mini Sprints welcome)? If so, I welcome the opportunity to run more often; if not, well, good luck in your new venture.
They posted an article in our local paper saying midgets were going to be in the weekly show.
6 Likes: B-square, dirtnonwingfan, mowerman, Pat O'Connor Fan, RayPro33, rightrear
Jerry Spencer (Offline)
  #8 2/6/14 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by coondog:
This is great to see. I had a conversation with another track owner a couple years ago at Chili Bowl and said that if a weekly track would pick up the midgets, even a couple races a month, that I felt midget racing would grow again in IN. First Montpilier and now Gas City. Any midget owners, I wouldn't mind doing some double duty when I'm there with the 10e! Also don't forget that I put together a contingency program for the dirt tracks in IN. The midgets at Gas City and Montpilier would fall under this. If you need info, e mail me at jcoons@impactraceproducts.com
Jerry We read about the news in the Kokomo Tribune on Wed. As far as the stands (another post) I am pretty sure the city of Gas City would not allow the upgrade. Had I not read this I would have never put it on the site.

Jerry #66j
stida.com / HalfMoon Resturant & Brewery
www.joshspencer.com
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, dirtnonwingfan, mowerman, nathans1012, speed bump
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #9 2/6/14 12:56 PM
That is great news. For years there have been conversations among fans about the desire for more midget racing in Indiana and the positive effects this would have. I am so happy to see that now there will be two nights a week. I hope that midget owners support these races. I look forward to attending them.

Frank Daigh
4 Likes: mowerman, nathans1012, ossuks, Pat O'Connor Fan
jjones752 (Offline)
  #10 2/6/14 5:53 PM
Just read the Kokomo Tribune article (http://www.kokomotribune.com/sports/...th-fresh-ideas), and it sounds like things are still in the planning stage, very much like over at the Speedrome; "Trophy Dashes, midgets on a weekly basis and a different plan of attack are just a few things that new promoter Mel Botkin has in mind for his first season at the Gas City I-69 Speedway". Hopefully a schedule/rules package will be out soon. Until then, I'm sure the IOW Rumor Mill will have plenty to say on the subject

Jim Jones
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
2 Likes: fish, PatrickMead#13