IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lucas Oil going broke?
7/21/17, 6:51 AM   #1
Lucas Oil going broke?
Dirteater

I heard of Lucas Oil has pulled out of Australia. Something about the sponsorship of the drag boats. A friend of mine cannot get Lucas oil for his drag car. No performance shop he has called can order any. Anyone have info/rumors of them having financial issues. Just wondering how this is going to effect the ASCS series & Mavtv. Just wondering.

7/21/17, 1:26 PM   #2
Re: Lucas Oil going broke?
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirteater View Post
I heard of Lucas Oil has pulled out of Australia. Something about the sponsorship of the drag boats. A friend of mine cannot get Lucas oil for his drag car. No performance shop he has called can order any. Anyone have info/rumors of them having financial issues. Just wondering how this is going to effect the ASCS series & Mavtv. Just wondering.
Highly doubt Forrest and his partners are running short on cash. He's got his hand in the mix in just about everything having to do with motorsports whether its dirt, pavement, air, land or sea. Owns pavement tracks, dirt tracks, lakes designed for boat racing and I've even played on the Lucas Oil Golf Course down here.

Actually, last I heard the production plant down here was hiring. Doesn't sound like a business hurting for cash exactly and if they were they were, I don't think they'd be pouring their money into the countless drivers and series they still support or paying the Colts millions of dollars each year just to have their name on their stadium.

Just my opinion.

6 members like this post: Jsr7s, PIT CART, ronmil, Simon_says17, superstock30, WinglessLovers
7/21/17, 8:21 PM   #3
chastaj

Lucas Oil is not in $ trouble, but Forrest Lucas is a business man that understands that if your investments do not return a positive ROI then why do it.

2 members like this post: Bostonian, Pat O'Connor Fan
7/21/17, 9:25 PM   #4
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Corporations move in and out of markets all the time based on percentage of market share they can maintain and the expenses to keep it that way.

7/21/17, 11:12 PM   #5
wobbler

I'm not sure what is happening with Lucas here in Australia, all I know is they have pulled a lot of sponsorship out of teams, tracks etc in recent times. Not sure why or what is going on and whether it is just here that is invovled??

7/22/17, 10:23 AM   #6
Bostonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbler View Post
I'm not sure what is happening with Lucas here in Australia, all I know is they have pulled a lot of sponsorship out of teams, tracks etc in recent times. Not sure why or what is going on and whether it is just here that is invovled??
Could be a case of new import/export fees and and EPA Regulations. Until a couple years ago. I had no problems purchasing photography chemicals for my darkroom. All of a sudden, the companies that I have purchased from for years, wont ship them anymore. If I want the items, I need to purchase them in the store. Problem is, their 5 hours away in NYC. This is within the US. So I can see were there might be something similar taking place here. The cost of surcharges is to much of a burden for all parties.

7/22/17, 12:28 PM   #7
racer-x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian View Post
Could be a case of new import/export fees and and EPA Regulations. Until a couple years ago. I had no problems purchasing photography chemicals for my darkroom. All of a sudden, the companies that I have purchased from for years, wont ship them anymore. If I want the items, I need to purchase them in the store. Problem is, their 5 hours away in NYC. This is within the US. So I can see were there might be something similar taking place here. The cost of surcharges is to much of a burden for all parties.
Rules like this make blood shoot out of my eyeballs!! It's called crony capitalism!! The govt creates a problem then the govt fixes the problem! Just like what they did with e85 fuel. Is putting your food source (corn) in your fuel tank going to make food any cheaper???
If the people in this country spent more time finding the truth (and it sure has nothing to do with Russia) of how we are going down a rathole as they did on social media, maybe we could make a difference!
In the words of a former president "the government is not the solution, the government is the problem!! Let's also include the mainstream media MSNBC and CNN..

6 members like this post: bighd0522, Bostonian, leftturnonly, PIT CART, skids59, TQ29m
7/22/17, 12:46 PM   #8
Speedwrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
Rules like this make blood shoot out of my eyeballs!! It's called crony capitalism!! The govt creates a problem then the govt fixes the problem! Just like what they did with e85 fuel. Is putting your food source (corn) in your fuel tank going to make food any cheaper???
If the people in this country spent more time finding the truth (and it sure has nothing to do with Russia) of how we are going down a rathole as they did on social media, maybe we could make a difference!
In the words of a former president "the government is not the solution, the government is the problem!! Let's also include the mainstream media MSNBC and CNN..
E85 and E10 sure bought a lot of farm votes. Beyond that, there is no value to ethanol enhanced fuels.

1 member likes this post: TQ29m
7/22/17, 4:49 PM   #9
Chase Hightower

I wish I was as broke as Lucas. I'd start frying my bologna, right after I paid my gas bill and got it turned back on!

1 member likes this post: oppweld
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lucas Oil going broke?