IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Great Weekend At Kokomo.
8/26/12, 8:26 PM   #1
Great Weekend At Kokomo.
Tim Watson

Well another great road trip is in the books. Great weather great racing and for us who travel it sure is a plus to stay at one track for three days. Nice to see a lot of the IOW people that i know and our seats ended up being close to a bunch of them. I was only able to see seven races in Indiana this summer but they were all good. Special thanks to the Spencer family for the hospitality and hopefully things work out for me to keep making a couple trips every summer. I'm going to miss you guys!

8/26/12, 11:37 PM   #2
Re: Great Weekend At Kokomo.
Danny Burton

That was probably the most time I've spent with you in these years we've known each other. I had a great time and your little 3 year buddy did too.

I only wish someone had taken a picture of you and him coming up the steps.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

1 member likes this post: Tim Watson
8/27/12, 11:25 AM   #3
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Burton View Post
That was probably the most time I've spent with you in these years we've known each other. I had a great time and your little 3 year buddy did too.

I only wish someone had taken a picture of you and him coming up the steps.
We did chat more than usual which was great! Gotta love the 3 year old buddy, my youngest is now 7 so i miss those 3 year old's. Walking up the steps and holding him by the hand is something i will remember!

8/27/12, 1:13 PM   #4
Obie

It was great meetin you & Ted from the cold north..lol Look forward to the next time you come down...so you can meet my hubby...he's as funny as you...just a lil bigger..lol

1 member likes this post: Tim Watson
8/27/12, 1:54 PM   #5
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obie View Post
It was great meetin you & Ted from the cold north..lol Look forward to the next time you come down...so you can meet my hubby...he's as funny as you...just a lil bigger..lol
Nice meeting you to and thanks with putting up with us guys and our beer drinking! I bet your hubby is a little bigger than me......but then again who isn't? Danny Burton's grandson is the only person shorter than me that i seen in the three days at Kokomo.

8/27/12, 2:54 PM   #6
Will Shunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
Well another great road trip is in the books. Great weather great racing and for us who travel it sure is a plus to stay at one track for three days. Nice to see a lot of the IOW people that i know and our seats ended up being close to a bunch of them. I was only able to see seven races in Indiana this summer but they were all good. Special thanks to the Spencer family for the hospitality and hopefully things work out for me to keep making a couple trips every summer. I'm going to miss you guys!
I hope another track in Indiana goes for a 3 day format in June to sandwich "Sprintweek". 3 days in one place is awesome when you travel from over 300 miles away. I also met many old and new friends as we had time to form a community with relationships rather than running up and down the highway chasing the next track. Destination entertainment has been around a long time now. I is time for USAC and the great Indiana non wing promoters to continue the success that the O'Connors have begun with the annual "Smackdown"

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Great Weekend At Kokomo.