IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Slidejob (Offline)
  #1 4/29/16 5:14 PM
Thinking about making the drive to Haubstat Tomorrow. Does anyone know the track condition? Is it pretty wet there already? I would hate to drive five hours and get rained out.
rclaridge (Offline)
  #2 4/29/16 5:27 PM
I'm a huge fan of TSS and I know Tom and the crew will do everything humanly possible to get the show in,but the forecast is not promising. I understand not all race fans have an unlimited budget and have to make tough decisions about when to take the chance!
2 Likes: Dirtfan, i love dirt track racing
Slidejob (Offline)
  #3 4/29/16 5:39 PM
Is the track pretty wet right now? Has there been a lot of rain in the area lately?
The Fanthom (Offline)
  #4 4/29/16 6:47 PM
Originally Posted by Slidejob:
Is the track pretty wet right now? Has there been a lot of rain in the area lately?
Probably not. It drains really well. If it doesn't pour all day tomorrow they'll have a chance. I've seen them get it race ready in a couple hours even after a deluge. It will all amount to the timing of the showers.
jaybird (Offline)
  #5 4/29/16 6:52 PM
The track conditions usually don't cancel the race.It's the chances of not being able to get a good enough crowd to open those gates.
3 Likes: Eagle14, PIT CART, The Fanthom
Flatrightrear (Offline)
  #6 4/29/16 9:04 PM
The wet grounds for parking could be a problem, too, if the rain hits. Tri-State's Facebook page will let you know if it gets cancelled.
ByronMack (Offline)
  #7 4/30/16 12:06 AM
Never seen tri state not open the gated because of low fan base. If anything they go the extra mile to get every race in.
9 Likes: Dblchkrs, Dirtfan, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, luckybuc97, racenut69, rclaridge, rdzsprint, SprintcarZF
65 Push Truck (Offline)
  #8 4/30/16 10:12 AM
Today's event has been cancelled due to the weather conditions. 🌧🌧 Next scheduled event is Saturday May 14th- World of Outlaw Sprints plus Modifieds. Hope to see you then! Per TSS Facebook page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 Likes: 3Cfan, jim goerge
jim goerge (Offline)
  #9 4/30/16 10:28 AM
Kinda figured that when I got up and saw it was raining and then when I got on here and saw the accuweather map lol nothing but green and yellow
2 Likes: i love dirt track racing, luckybuc97