IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Things are looking up for Belleville
7/26/15, 9:50 PM   #1
Things are looking up for Belleville
Traditional Fan

Forgive me if this has already been covered here and I missed it, but I just saw the pre-entry list for Belleville this weekend---36 midgets and 24 Silver Crown. Also, on the Highbanks website is news that a group of 16 calling themselves the Fans of the Highbanks raised $1000.00 each to add to the purse making Saturday's feature $1000 to start. Thank you, Fans of the Highbanks. I think you guys have helped breath some new life into one of my favorite weekends of the year. Looking forward to my annual Minnesota to Kansas trip even more this year. I'd also like to thank Andy Hillenburg for all his efforts in the Silver Crown division. Living so far west of the Champ Dirt cars' traditional tracks, I really appreciate the chance to see them at Belleville.

Pat Doyscher

7/26/15, 11:01 PM   #2
Re: Things are looking up for Belleville
Gapinski

I've been sending out the event press releases this year (same as the last seven years) and just finished up editing the event souvenir program. The track website posted some incorrect information from where I'm not sure. Your safe to go with a 22-24 midget/20 silver crown car count. This would be very close to accurate. See everyone Thursday.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, RadRacer
7/27/15, 2:24 PM   #3
BHB

I have spent hours and hours speaking to drivers and owners about the Belleville Midget Nationals, and I will have to disagree with Mr. Gapinski. There are 33 cars expected to be in competition for this year's Midget Nationals. Things are in fact looking up for Belleville.

7/27/15, 5:17 PM   #4
t2media

This is a great event, rich in tradition. Really nice to see car counts are up. The track is wicked fast and when they get going, running the fence is the fast way around, super fun to watch. If you can't make it to the Belleville Midget Nationals and the fair that goes on at the same time, then you can watch all the racing LIVE with us on thecushion.com. We'll have all 3 days Live, every laps, from Hot Laps to Winner interviews. Can't wait til Thursday.

8/2/15, 1:58 PM   #5
Jonr

I was pleasantly surprised with the car count on Saturday night. 32 cars was a good car count. I would also like to thank the "Belleville 16" for donating money to the purse to help with the car count. I would also like to thank all of the rookies that made the trip.

Belleville still amazes me. It is such a fast track and they run so close to the wall. The sliders at that place are amazing.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Things are looking up for Belleville